Where are the controller settings stored?

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Hi.

I’m wondering where the settings are typically held when you set them on the display. I would expect them to be stored in the actual controller, but it’s possible to have them stored in the display unit I guess. Can someone tell me - thanks!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi.

I’m wondering where the settings are typically held when you set them on the display. I would expect them to be stored in the actual controller, but it’s possible to have them stored in the display unit I guess. Can someone tell me - thanks!
It's all explained here:

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
So my expectation is, that when I plug a virgin C500 display into my Lishui (Swytch) controller, that current settings won’t be altered by the C500. I shall give it a go…

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
So my expectation is, that when I plug a virgin C500 display into my Lishui (Swytch) controller, that current settings won’t be altered by the C500. I shall give it a go…
That's not necessarily true. It depends on many factors. Best is to try it, then you know.

That link above is to give an idea of how it all works in the context of a KT controller. Other controllers have similar communications and work under the same principles, but might be different in what they do with their parameters.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
That's not necessarily true. It depends on many factors. Best is to try it, then you know.

That link above is to give an idea of how it all works in the context of a KT controller. Other controllers have similar communications and work under the same principles, but might be different in what they do with their parameters.
Agreed. I’ve checked the plug is the same, and I can see no reason why they would run a different comms protocol - which I believe they call KM5S. I don’t think I shall blow anything. There might even be absolutely no advantage in the C500, but I’m hoping I’ll get something out of it.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Agreed. I’ve checked the plug is the same, and I can see no reason why they would run a different comms protocol - which I believe they call KM5S. I don’t think I shall blow anything. There might even be absolutely no advantage in the C500, but I’m hoping I’ll get something out of it.
We all learn when people try things.

Reactions: Cisco-man