Where to buy 48v battery

AntonyC

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
I have some experience to share...
At last, thanks for sharing, it can only be helpful to have a clear picture of the kind of experience we'd all recognise as positive.

You should consider to pay for top brand, A-batch cells....
E-bike batteries are inherently dangerous. Statistically, maybe one in a million will catch fire.
I think we should ask for the model of BMS used, to encourage vendors to recognise the BMS as a selling point. Risky cells are much rarer now so the BMS has become (even more) key to keeping a battery safe.

Reactions: Woosh

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
I have dealt with Woosh for many years and my experience has always been positive. I have recently bought a new 20Ah battery ( and charger) for OH’s Woosh Petite and the advice and service were exemplary.
I’m just a satisfied customer with no personal axe to grind, I think you could buy with confidence from them.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yes, without a doubt. You should consider to pay for top brand, A-batch cells. You also need a supplier with adequate product liability insurance in case the battery catches fire.
How many times has your product liability insurance paid out to a customer for damage caused by one of your batteries after bursting into flames? That's an untested selling point for buyers, if the answer is zero.

I have dealt with Woosh for many years and my experience has always been positive. I have recently bought a new 20Ah battery ( and charger) for OH’s Woosh Petite and the advice and service were exemplary.
I’m just a satisfied customer with no personal axe to grind, I think you could buy with confidence from them.
Unless you're an existing customer, @Woosh won't sell you a battery separately from a kit. Or a motor, display, or controller for that matter, and the OP isn't an existing @Woosh customer. Yet @Woosh whinged about forum experts helping forum users, by posting links to cheaper batteries and controllers available for sale elsewhere. I'll never be a @Woosh customer - too exclusive and his prices are too inflated. @Woosh should feel lucky that I will never be one of his exclusive elite customers - I prefer paying low prices for exactly the same products and intimidating sellers into providing decent service.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How many times has your product liability insurance paid out to a customer for damage caused by one of your batteries after bursting into flames? That's an untested selling point for buyers, if the answer is zero.
Just once but once is enough. The bike was bought in 2013. That bike had Chinese pouch cells.
The lady left her bike at her dad's house. Smoke came out of the battery one afternoon when nobody was around. That cost my insurers some £33,000 4 years ago.
Unless you're an existing customer, @Woosh won't sell you a battery separately from a kit. Or a motor, display, or controller for that matter, and the OP isn't an existing @Woosh customer. Yet @Woosh whinged about forum experts helping forum users, by posting links to cheaper batteries and controllers available for sale elsewhere. I'll never be a @Woosh customer - too exclusive and his prices are too inflated. @Woosh should feel lucky that I will never be one of his exclusive elite customers - I prefer paying low prices for exactly the same products and intimidating sellers into providing decent service.
I am mainly against advising members to buy batteries abroad. You buy at your own risks, you won't get any legal assistance in case your battery smokes. You can lose your own shirt in extreme cases.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Just once but once is enough. The bike was bought in 2013. That bike had Chinese pouch cells.
The lady left her bike at her dad's house. Smoke came out of the battery one afternoon when nobody was around. That cost my insurers some £33,000 4 years ago.
How many of your customers didn't receive a payout from your insurer, after one of your batteries went up in flames causing damage?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How many of your customers didn't receive a payout from your insurer, after one of your batteries went up in flames causing damage?
We have always had product liability insurance since 2011, so the answer is none.