Looking to get just a front wheel and motor
I already have:

Yose/Lishui controller
C500 Dashi display
Pedal sensor
Thumb throttle
4-in-1 cable
Brake levers/sensors
Battery(Hailong 36v on order from Yose Power)

Anyone know where I can get just a front wheel and motor?
(either 26" or 28" - not decided which bike it will go on yet)

Thanks

steveh6883

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2017
Llannon

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Plenty of options,
just put your preferred wheel size in `Customization` and save it

"P.S. : High speed means low torque. Low speed means high torque. RPM means "Revolutions Per Minute". 201RPM is often used for 24", 26", 700C and 28" rim. 328RPM is often used for 20" and 24" rim.

16" Diameter: 317mm ERD: 277mm
20" Diameter: 418mm ERD: 378mm
24" Diameter: 519mm ERD: 479mm
26" Diameter: 569mm ERD: 529mm
700C Diameter: 631mm ERD: 591mm"

Reactions: steveh6883

steveh6883

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2017
Llannon
Plenty of options,
just put your preferred wheel size in `Customization` and save it

"P.S. : High speed means low torque. Low speed means high torque. RPM means "Revolutions Per Minute". 201RPM is often used for 24", 26", 700C and 28" rim. 328RPM is often used for 20" and 24" rim.

16" Diameter: 317mm ERD: 277mm
20" Diameter: 418mm ERD: 378mm
24" Diameter: 519mm ERD: 479mm
26" Diameter: 569mm ERD: 529mm
700C Diameter: 631mm ERD: 591mm"
Thanks, will have a look after work

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
I am in a similar position in that I have a "spare" Yose Power C500 display, integrated 15A controller/bracket for Hailong H1 battery, PAS sensor, throttle, brake levers and a battery. All I need is a 4in1 cable (available from Yose) and either a 26" 250w. front or rear cassette motor wheel.
The only place I can find one is Top Bike Kit, but the shipping costs take it to around £250 and that doesn't include any possible import tax or VAT that might be payable.
Ebike AKM-100SX 36V 250W Front/Rear/Cassette Gear Hub Motor+16/20/ 26inch/27.5inch/28inch Wheel Rim [AKM-36V250W Motor 16/20/26/28] - $99.75 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)
It is therefore cheaper at £195.00 to buy a complete kit (less battery) from Yose UK, although 250w is only available as a front kit.
36V250W 24"/26"/27.5"/28" Front E-Bike Conversion Kit – YOSE POWER UK
There are 350W rear kits listed at similar prices.
The problem is I then end up with yet another almost complete kit less motor wheel!:(
I've been trawling Ebay looking for a wheel, but they are either in poor-looking condition or the vendor has an inflated idea of the asking price.
There doesn't seem to be a UK stockist of suitable complete wheels (250W 201 rpm with 9-pin connector), unless anybody knows of one?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I am in a similar position in that I have a "spare" Yose Power C500 display, integrated 15A controller/bracket for Hailong H1 battery, PAS sensor, throttle, brake levers and a battery. All I need is a 4in1 cable (available from Yose) and either a 26" 250w. front or rear cassette motor wheel.
The only place I can find one is Top Bike Kit, but the shipping costs take it to around £250 and that doesn't include any possible import tax or VAT that might be payable.
Ebike AKM-100SX 36V 250W Front/Rear/Cassette Gear Hub Motor+16/20/ 26inch/27.5inch/28inch Wheel Rim [AKM-36V250W Motor 16/20/26/28] - $99.75 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)
It is therefore cheaper at £195.00 to buy a complete kit (less battery) from Yose UK, although 250w is only available as a front kit.
36V250W 24"/26"/27.5"/28" Front E-Bike Conversion Kit – YOSE POWER UK
There are 350W rear kits listed at similar prices.
The problem is I then end up with yet another almost complete kit less motor wheel!:(
I've been trawling Ebay looking for a wheel, but they are either in poor-looking condition or the vendor has an inflated idea of the asking price.
There doesn't seem to be a UK stockist of suitable complete wheels (250W 201 rpm with 9-pin connector), unless anybody knows of one?
When you buy from any of the Chinese suppliers, you can get a motor that matches your needs, plus you can buy a KT controller and LCD very cheaply because the postage is free. The C500 and LiShui controller is pretty crappy by comparison. You end up with an excellent ebike instead of an average one.

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
When you buy from any of the Chinese suppliers, you can get a motor that matches your needs, plus you can buy a KT controller and LCD very cheaply because the postage is free. The C500 and LiShui controller is pretty crappy by comparison. You end up with an excellent ebike instead of an average one.
I costed a wheel, KT T06S controller and LCD5 display plus cables a few days ago. It came to around 200 dollars, which is excellent value for what you get. Unfortunately shipping is another 200 dollars approx, so in round terms it would cost £300.00 plus any import charges. That's getting on for a Yosepower kit complete with battery (e.g. 350w kit with 36v/13Ah battery is £357.00 inc. delivery)!

I am sure you are right about KT, but I have only had experience of Yosepower. I don't regard the Lishui controllers/C500 as "pretty crappy". Yes, the settings are limited and they aren't torque simulation, but they are good "plug and play" kits that work well. I'm a retired leisure cyclist that needs a bit of electric assistance rather than an ebike enthusiast, so "average" is good enough for me. If I had to commute I might have looked for something better.

I considered the Cytronex kit at first, but at over £1000.00 it was too expensive for me! Excellent quality and clever design, I've since realised that it actually has more limitations than the Yose kits - settings, functions, torque, and battery range. I'm not here to champion Yosepower but I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality considering the prices. I have kitted out two bikes and have a few spare bits left over. Those spares are tempting me to convert another bike if I can find a wheel. I'm not really looking to spend £300.00 plus for another kit.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I costed a wheel, KT T60S controller and LCD5 display plus cables a few days ago. It came to around 200 dollars, which is excellent value for what you get. Unfortunately shipping is another 200 dollars approx, so in round terms it would cost £300.00 plus any import charges. That's getting on for a Yosepower kit complete with battery (e.g. 350w kit with 36v/13Ah battery is £357.00 inc. delivery.)!

I am sure you are right about KT, but I have only had experience of Yosepower. I don't regard the Lishui controllers/C500 as "pretty crappy". Yes, the settings are limited and they aren't torque simulation, but they are good "plug and play" kits that work well. I'm a retired leisure cyclist that needs a bit of electric assistance rather than an ebike enthusiast, so "average" is good enough for me. If I had to commute I might have looked for something better.

I considered the Cytronex kit at first, but at over £1000.00 it was too expensive for me! Excellent quality and clever design, I've since realised that it actually has more limitations than the Yose kits - settings, functions, torque, and battery range. I'm not here to champion Yosepower but I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality considering the prices. I have kitted out two bikes and have a few spare bits left over. Those spares are tempting me to convert another bike if I can find a wheel. I'm not really looking to spend £300.00 plus for another kit.
You save a lot of money if you order just the motor instead of the built wheel, then you can build it yourself. Rim and spokes are about £30.

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
You save a lot of money if you order just the motor instead of the built wheel, then you can build it yourself. Rim and spokes are about £30.
Yes, that thought has occured to me. I might give it a go as I have just bought a bike on ebay.
Ostensibly for my wife to enjoy cycling after an absense of 50 years, it has cost me all of £35.00!
It's hardly been used, and the plan is to use a Hailong downtube battery on a rear carrier rack so I can have a common battery type across three bikes. It's has 3x8 gears so I'll be looking for a rear cassette wheel. I might ditch the triple chainset in favour of a single to save some weight.
Now there is an ulterior motive. I fully expect that SWMBO will ride it a couple of times and never use it again. At that point it will get stripped and carted off to my local powder-coaters to get rid of that "Victoria Plum" colour! With a longer seatpost and stem it will probably suit me when the time comes that I need a step-through framed bike. Then I'll consider upgrading to a KT controller and display.;)
s-l1600.jpg

steveh6883

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2017
Llannon
I costed a wheel, KT T06S controller and LCD5 display plus cables a few days ago. It came to around 200 dollars, which is excellent value for what you get. Unfortunately shipping is another 200 dollars approx, so in round terms it would cost £300.00 plus any import charges. That's getting on for a Yosepower kit complete with battery (e.g. 350w kit with 36v/13Ah battery is £357.00 inc. delivery)!

Yes, from what I can find the cheapest kit (non-waterproof & standard connectors) from Yosepower seems to be a cheaper option
I do have an old Powabyke that I could replace all electrics and just keep the front motor wheel (Eurobyke 200w brushless) and use the leftovers of the cheaper parts that way

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes, from what I can find the cheapest kit (non-waterproof & standard connectors) from Yosepower seems to be a cheaper option
I do have an old Powabyke that I could replace all electrics and just keep the front motor wheel (Eurobyke 200w brushless) and use the leftovers of the cheaper parts that way
Getting the right controller and motor gives you a much better ebike than any catalogue kit. It's not just the money.

The Powabyke is pretty bad. I can understand buying a cheap lithium battery to keep it going and/or to get more range, but if you're going to spend any more than that, it would be better to start with a normal donor.