Which bike under £1,000?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Hoppy for your very kind words!

We have listened to and understood the battery price arguments. We have now started offering two replacement choices on all our new bikes.

£249.00 a standard generic celled 375Wh

or

£449.00 a Samsung celled 575Wh with deep sleep and remote servicing.

We understand that battery replacement costs can be daunting and hope this helps.

I should also say that our batteries have a two year warranty from the time the end user buys the bike, and if looked after can last for well over five years. We recently had a chap in Margate Kent replace a battery after 20,000 miles (six years use).

All the best

David

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Thanks Hoppy for your very kind words!

We have listened to and understood the battery price arguments. We have now started offering two replacement choices on all our new bikes.

£249.00 a standard generic celled 375Wh

or

£449.00 a Samsung celled 575Wh with deep sleep and remote servicing.

We understand that battery replacement costs can be daunting and hope this helps.

I should also say that our batteries have a two year warranty from the time the end user buys the bike, and if looked after can last for well over five years. We recently had a chap in Margate Kent replace a battery after 20,000 miles (six years use).

All the best

David
£249 is a brilliant price for a 36v 11ah Wisper battery with 2 year warranty. Well done! Which motor is in the 705se and how many amps is controller? How noisy is the motor? I could be tempted myself!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Hoppy, we max at 17A, the motor is from AKM. It's not silent like the Wisper Torque but very close. Certainly quieter than the older Wispers.

All the best, David