Which eBike should I buy? Todayyy!!!

smalljosho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 26, 2023
I am buying an eBike today and need one that's good for long commutes especially with a dongle.
My budget is 1600 and the bike has to be from Halfords as that's where my voucher can be used.
I would prefer an eBike that can be used with Badass or any other workarounds.

So far I am going with the Raleigh Felix+ as it seems to have a good range and uses a Bosch motor but I'm useless with bike mechanics so don't know if the brakes, gears and so forth offer good value for money please advise if possible.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I would take the range a seller quotes with considerable caution.

Range can vary tremendously depending on the weight of the rider, the terrain (as in hills), how fast you go and how much effort you put in.

So one seller quoting 40 miles for a bike does not mean it has more 'range' than a seller quoting 30 miles.

smalljosho

Jul 26, 2023
I would take the range a seller quotes with considerable caution.

Range can vary tremendously depending on the weight of the rider, the terrain (as in hills), how fast you go and how much effort you put in.

So one seller quoting 40 miles for a bike does not mean it has more 'range' than a seller quoting 30 miles.

That's a great point, I'll keep that in mind.

The battery I am looking at for the Raleigh Felix+ is a Bosch 400W. I would be going fast majority of the time putting maximum effort.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i get about 25-30 miles with a 500w batt and a bad ass dongle

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
with a bad ass dongle it will get to 25mph b4 it cuts out but this will depend if you can change the front chain ring for a bigger one as most new bikes wont let you go much bigger.

smalljosho

Jul 26, 2023
with a bad ass dongle it will get to 25mph b4 it cuts out but this will depend if you can change the front chain ring for a bigger one as most new bikes wont let you go much bigger.
Anything a little over 20 will do me fine.
Heading to Halfords right now, is Raleigh Felix+ a good one and which badass do I buy no idea where the sensor is on this bike or would be.

smalljosho

Jul 26, 2023
Also how easy is the install process as I am shockingly useless with bike mechanics hoping its plug and play

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

on the new bikes the magnet might be on the disc brake so to use the bad ass dongle you might have to put the sensor on the frame like my bike so you can then slide on the dongle and put the magnet on the wheel spokes

smalljosho

Jul 26, 2023
Halfords are useless, the Felix+ isn't in stock as promised on the website so I either have to wait until next week or find a better option. I like the Carrera Impel 3 but I haven't any success with removing limits.

smalljosho

Jul 26, 2023

on the new bikes the magnet might be on the disc brake so to use the bad ass dongle you might have to put the sensor on the frame like my bike so you can then slide on the dongle and put the magnet on the wheel spokes
Thanks will check depends on what model I get now