which kit

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
I thought you may be interested to know what you get if you spend £150 extra on a bike?
May be not much in a shop but you will get a surprising amount from Woosh.

let me compare the two Woosh bikes, the £749 Woosh Gale and the £899 Woosh Karoo. The Karoo costs £150 more than the Gale.
Both have the same Bafang motor (not same winding but otherwise costing the same), same capacity 13Ah battery, same Lishui 15A controller, throttle and PAS.

The extra money buys:

- £50 go on the more expensive drive train components, eg the Ounce 245A costs £35 more than the Prowheel 50T on the Gale.

The Karoo has the posh crankset:

The Gale has the Prowheel 50T with short pedal arms:

- £25 go on the the more expensive Samsung celled battery on the Karoo

- £25 go on the brakes. The Karoo has Avid disc brakes on both front and rear. The Gale has Tektro brakes.

- £25 go on the better Karoo frame, wheelset and graphics

The remaining £25 go on marketing fund.
The Gale sells in higher volume, so costs less to sell.
Thanks for that

sent via huawei P9

pgrange

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2016
Coventry
@Andy88 I too looked a the Volt metro . I like that style of bike plus it had some nice features such as disk brakes, front suspension, 8 speed gears, Panasonic battery etc but retailing at £25 shy of £1300! I couldn't justify spending that kind of money. Plus I do prefer the battery in the frame. It makes for cleaner lines.

@trex I understand that quality components will have a significant increase in end price and that should make for a longer lasting more reliable bike but maybe the base price is too high to start with?

@poptop PM sent re: T4 / T5

Peter

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@trex I understand that quality components will have a significant increase in end price and that should make for a longer lasting more reliable bike but maybe the base price is too high to start with?

@poptop PM sent re: T4 / T5

Peter
The Gale costs only £749, Peter.

You get a robust bike, a Bafang motor, a Lishui 15A controller and a 13Ah battery.
The bike may be basic but still offers the comfort of a Suntour suspension fork, the painting is triple layer, metallic paint that will look good for years, the electronics is made up of premium components.
Where can you find a better deal?
The shop would charge you £400 for a 13AH battery alone.

poptop

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2015
well today on the way to work, Llandudno ski slope I passed a bike shop which has gone into electric bikes. I thought I was in heaven. Wondered where I had had the smash
Well I was able to see the wisper806 [ what a beautiful looking bike] and the Freego, both small and bigger battery versions.
Interestingly the Wisper looked a smaller bike , better made and the seats were much the same height. but handlebars on Freego were higher. The freego is not bad looking and with bigger battery is appealing. But its still as mentioned several hundred pounds more. The Wisper even more.I don't have the technical knowledge to know if its worth it, compared with the Gale.
The dealer did say that they wouldn't touch the Torque versions as too many problems, also he commented out of all the compamies he has dealt with Freego are excellent, always there to support and sort problems. Wisper were second, but A2B and Kudos not so good. In his opinion.

As for T4 mine [longwheel base] has air conditioning [ as you say a must] hot and cold water, Heating, full shower, wash room and toilet. Took some finding but they are about. And only 46k on clock. 2,4d will do 80 on motorway , but is slower than my 1.9td accelerating. You have to use gears more with 2.4d. The van is a lot heavier so I get about 32 around town 38-40 on a run. My 1.9td was always around 44 mpg.
cheers
Pete
Pete.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
[/QUOTE]

Peter[/QUOTE]

But woosh is about as cheap as you can get premade. With renowned after sale service. Hatti has to make a profit, or she cannot continue to spec,import sell and support her bikes.
I thought that the profit margins were quite low given the cost and risk they are carrying.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The dealer did say that they wouldn't touch the Torque versions as too many problems
Pete, that's an interesting comment. The bottom bracket torque sensor is an expensive piece of kit, he is obviously not keen to push it.
Next time you pop in to his shop, could you ask him to expand his reason a bit more?

poptop

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2015
question is what do I get for £150.00 on the Freego over the Gale? £899.00 against £749.00
help from Techies required please. [ half a new battery? ].

poptop

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2015
going to be over a week before I'm back that way but will do with pleasure. Thanks for your help getting my head around it all.
I will be having a test drive in their car park, as long as it doesn't rain...lol

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
question is what do I get for £150.00 on the Freego over the Gale? £899.00 against £749.00
help from Techies required please. [ half a new battery? ].
poptop, the two folders are pretty similar in specs, except for the battery and the stem. The Freego has nicer stem, the Gale has bigger battery. The frame is practically the same.
The difference in price pays the shop to look after you.

poptop

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2015
cheers Trex, sort of sums up my thoughts also, oh and a front disc brake [ not sure of spec of that]
It was a plush looking shop at that. But they didn't offer me a cuppa, where has the service gone today....lol
The wisper with 10ah batter was £1099.00, does a bit more beauty warrant that much more money, now on the other hand the 2.5k folder from Bosch was really worth considering [if you got the money] . Made me drool big time.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Pete,

I think you'll find the FreeGo has a two year warranty. It's a good solid bike. I'm sure if you call them they would be able to assist you in explaining all the differences.

Thanks for your comment re the Wisper we have worked hard to make it look and ride that little bit better than most!

The stem has a height adjustment so you can raise the handlebars quite high, and the reason it looks smaller is because it is. The FreeGo set up is a little more old fashioned than the Wisper, the battery is behind the seat post. This used to be necessary before the latest high density cells were available. These days there is no need to put the battery there. Putting the battery on the rack or down tube enables manufacturers to shorten the wheel base, this gives a more nimble ride and of course makes stowage of the bike easier in small spaces.

Thanks for the heads up re the Torque bikes, Llandudno did have a problem with one of the very early models. We don't have any torque sensor problems now so I'll give them a call. The 806Torque is a superb folder, we sell a lot of them, but they do start at £1,599.

All the best, David

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Emo Rider

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
I think you'll find the FreeGo has a two year warranty. It's a good solid bike.

Thanks for the comment re the Wisper we have worked hard to make it look and ride that little bit better than most!

All the best, David
Good to see David singing the praises of a competitor, Wisper bikes in my opinion are very well thought out and David is passionate about his products. Outside of the obvious a lot comes down to aesthetics and personal choice.

A further note on freego is that they offer a 5 day fix or replace policy which they claim is unique? Anyone any experience or other manufacturers offering the same?

http://freegoelectricbikes.com/warranty/unique-five-day-promise/

sent via huawei P9

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Good to see David singing the praises of a competitor, Wisper bikes in my opinion are very well thought out and David is passionate about his products. Outside of the obvious a lot comes down to aesthetics and personal choice.

A further note on freego is that they offer a 5 day fix or replace policy which they claim is unique? Anyone any experience or other manufacturers offering the same?

http://freegoelectricbikes.com/warranty/unique-five-day-promise/

sent via huawei P9
Thanks Andy!

We offer a similar deal. If we can't fix in five days we offer a loan bike until the repair is made including delivery and collection. So far though, we have not had to send a loan bike out.

All the best, David

poptop

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2015
so the decision is £750, £1000 or £1200. 13ah, 16ah or 575w. [ if I`m correct nearly 16ah?]
the battery sleep mode sounds good idea [how novel is that or a real star?]
Dave, without knocking competitor tell me how and why I would be better of spending more money,
Trex has already told me why I shouldn`t, Gale is an all round good bike at a price which is attractive.
I`m away for a week from today so lots of food for thought, and a decision will be made on return.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
so the decision is £750, £100 or £1200. 13ah, 16ah or 575w. [ if I`m correct nearly 16ah?]
the battery sleep mode sounds good idea [how novel is that or a real star?]
Dave, without knocking competitor tell me how and why I would be better of spending more money,
Trex has already told me why I shouldn`t, Gale is an all round good bike at a price which is attractive.
I`m away for a week from today so lots of food for thought, and a decision will be made on return.
Hi Pete, I really wouldn't dream of knocking competition, it's not my style. In fact I often promote other brands here. My problem is that to tell you why the Wisper is better than another brand I have to make comparisons, so it's tricky.

I would be happy though to write to you privately giving you all the reasons our bikes are a little more expensive than others.

All the best, David

Reactions: LeighPing

poptop

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2015
Thanks David, would appreciate that. Probably another hour before I leave so fire away, private message. I await with anticipation. lol

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David, would appreciate that. Probably another hour before I leave so fire away, private message. I await with anticipation. lol
Sorry I have to go to the doctors in a few minutes. I'll write later if that's OK?

Please email me at david@amps.bike I'll email you the full specifications.

All the best, David

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I wish I could buy one...

After the announcement of the BlueTooth controller months and months ago has anybody ever seen one in the flesh?

Tonight I will be opening my first Bafang to see why it is making lots of noise on a friends bike. I wish I could open my Mxus to grease a little but the screw on side plate is stuck and even d8veh's method didn't work to get it unstuck including using a heat gun... Next time I buy a hub motor easy servicing will be high on the list of required qualities.
I have just got mine. About 50 arrived yesterday at Woosh.

it's dead simple to fit. Unplug the LCD, plug the bluetooth inline. Here is the demo Big Bear with bluetooth fitted: