Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

walterd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 26, 2009
sunlova folding mountain bike

Have had this bike a few weeks now after giving it a service it runs like dream longest ride up to now 14 miles,hard job fitting computer sender to the thick spokes may change the tyres next as mainly used on road anyone know what are the best road tyres for mountain bike wheels 26".Now trying to save for a new bike same model about £450 now with 36 volts,but first i will go to Valley scooters of Bolton to try others first.

matt-derby

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Derby UK
My new Cytronex Claud Butler Urban 500

Almost finished putting it together after receiving the box this morning, just need to get a torque wrench to secure the front wheel and handle bar.

Can't wait to get out on it later!

The rest of the guys in the office are pretty jealous! Only had one 'that's cheating' comment which I doubt I'll hear again considering my response. lol

Hopefully heading out to Carsington water this weekend.. hmmmm seems I may have jinxed the weather, sorry all!

Matt

Branwen

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2007
I have a lafree twist lite. My friend is just back from Italy and said electric bikes where all over the place there, its like they have taken over from mopeds. He said there were some pretty amazing ones made out of carbon fibre which were ultra lightweight and looked like they had been made from mahogany. Trust the italians to kick it up to a fashion item.

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Matt

Have you finished your project yet?Or have you done your self a mischief on it? :eek:

Almost finished putting it together after receiving the box this morning, just need to get a torque wrench to secure the front wheel and handle bar.

Can't wait to get out on it later!

The rest of the guys in the office are pretty jealous! Only had one 'that's cheating' comment which I doubt I'll hear again considering my response. lol

Hopefully heading out to Carsington water this weekend.. hmmmm seems I may have jinxed the weather, sorry all!

Matt

matt-derby

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Derby UK
Cytronex Claud Butler Urban 500 2009

Hi BigBee,

I did indeed, have been out on a few long rides and have managed to use it to commute apart from some of the really wet days. Done around 350 miles.

I am very pleased with the bike and have soon got my 4.5 mile commute down to 13min 30 sec, only 3 min longer than the drive in if the roads are quiet!

I will post a proper review in a week or two.

Regards

Matt

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi LL peeps i have just received my new Alien special seems fine at the moment but as i am new to this electric cycling i dont have anything to compare it with but time will tell

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hey lessped wlecome to the forum. I have just seen the new Alienocean special II. It looks quite nice with the upgrades he has recently fitted. They also now come with the new fun motor which I understand has a better freewheel and is quieter.

I started with a Alienocean kit a month ago but have now ended up with a s/h Cytronex Trek 7300 off ebay.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

Kalimbakey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Potentially considering...

Hi Folks, first post so go easy on me!

Been lurking around for a little while looking for a bit of received wisdom on what my first E Bike should be.

Initially I was taken in by the Infineum Extreme but quickly crossed that off as it seems remarkable only for the problems people have had. I was impressed by the posts from Caph regarding his Galileo bike, its big brother the 'Galileo Barracuda' looks very impressive, yes I know it's probably far from the best E Bike out there but appeals to my more shallow side! The Alien bikes look really well thought out and seem very competitively priced too.

I have not really looked at the Wisper or Kalkhoff bikes in more than passing. I know they are probably the best E Bikes out there but the more shallow side of me can't appreciate the asthetics for some reason.

Thanks to all the folks for wisdom received so far, no doubt I will decide in due course (still hanging on for a rumoured C2W scheme to start)

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hey lessped wlecome to the forum. I have just seen the new Alienocean special II. It looks quite nice with the upgrades he has recently fitted. They also now come with the new fun motor which I understand has a better freewheel and is quieter.

I started with a Alienocean kit a month ago but have now ended up with a s/h Cytronex Trek 7300 off ebay.

Regards

Jerry
Hi Jerrysimon thanks for the welcome and yes i am well happy with the Alien i think for the money its not a bad package and i only use it for exersicis anyway . Mind i had to get the gears sorted and set up but apart from that all seems well ... cheers n beers .... an yes i think i have the bug now !

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Wisper

Hi Scott

Although I realise that we must make up the majority of the Others category, please may we have our own now?

I don't mind starting from 0 and trying to catch up!

All the best David

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yer and don't forget Cytronex :(

I'm an other and not a Wisper either :p

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Does this post jump to the top of the forum everytime someone votes as well as when someone posts ?

Just curious no problem :p

Regards

Jerry

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
Does this post jump to the top of the forum everytime someone votes as well as when someone posts ?

Just curious no problem :p

Regards

Jerry
yes, it does. As do all polls on vbulletin based forums (the exact same thing happnes on a few other forums I am on)

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I got my new Agattu yesterday....only had chance for a short trip down the road and back so far....but it runs like a dream...roll on saturday pm when i am not working and can go for a decent ride..:)

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Hi folks
had my pro connect about 6 weeks in that time i have done about 600 miles very happy my best electric bike yet.:D Nigel.

otto

Just Joined
Oct 9, 2008
arnhem holland
www.myc5.nl

my first one was a mercedes hybrid ebike has only one level of assistance

I did buy an aprilia enjoy city which is a very good alternative with 3 levels of assiance
for spare part I bouth a second on which is now converted with a chinees controller which works very fine only miss is a pedelec switch to make it legal but without is very easy to start at traficlights
also if you control the throttle a bit brings you further (50km now)

I also has restored a c5 sinclair but this on, an a spare part one are both for sale now
I can not use them by limitation of my sholder:(

I need a ebike because of my heart failure , but with a ebike I can climb the only hill in the area (90mtr) verg easy

You can see my ebike experience on MyC5.nl - 2211 pageviews

Last edited:

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Cytronex Claud Butler Uran 500 here.

Not on the poll so i didnt vote

My first electric bike so I can't really compare it with others.

I've only had it a week but so far so good. Once I've spent some time on it I'll do a proper review

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Just a week with my Power Trek Dynamo. Like a few on here it`s my first electric bike so haven`t had anything else to compare it with other than cycling with the wind behind you all the time is absolutely superb.

I didn`t vote because my bike isn`t on the list but I will return after I have a decent amount of time to evaluate it. I will say this though, it`s obviously not the lightest electric bike available and that can be felt moving it around but once in the saddle and moving it feels much like most other bikes I`ve ridden apart from the non existent hills that is:D

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers