Which wires to which?

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Hello and greetings.

I have now purchased a new controller and new throttle for my scooter - but its not clear which wire goes to which.

Davey? Anybody?

If anybody has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

(Coming out of the controller are three wires - red black and blue - going into the throttle are three wires - red white and black.)

DSCN0841.JPG

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
usually, when you have red and black, red goes to 5V and black goes to ground.
The third wire is the signal. So red to red, black to back and blue to white.
If you have a volt meter, it's prudent to check that you see 5V between black and red on the controller side.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
No. Oh cynical one. Did not go kerbangfizzzz. Went Zooooooooom!!! My scooter now goes WAY good! :) [it's a Razor e300 scooter see pic]. It came with an on/off 'throttle'. So that had to go no control at low speed. So Davey explained how the controller I had was no good and told me to get another one. So I did that. Said 500W on the bottle. Hmmmm. Well whatever. So then I bought a throttle and have just wired it up with the new controller and IT WORKS GREAT! (faster top speed and variable throttle giving one nice low speed control as you wind your way to safeways keeing a watchful eye out for the boys in blue)

Next I am swapping the lead-acid batteries for some nice Lithium ones - slightly extravagant at £150 seeing as the whole scooter only cost £250 but what the heck. So long as I dont have a car I am allowed to splash out on things like this.

Here's what it looks like (I will send in an actual picture of mine in due course).

Scooter.png

Attachments