Who knows where to buy 20mm 20A fuses

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
'Cos Maplin don't have them and now I'm stumped.

I got some 10A delay fuses and I'm hoping they will get me round until I find the right ones.
That'll teach me to check the fuse when the motor stops working, it wasn't the fuse at fault but it fell apart when I opened the holder. :(

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Yeh....we had problems sourcing them in the UK-if these are the battery fuses we have hundreds in stock-every Kudos bike goes out with a couple of spares so any dealer should have some or ring us Monday and we will put in the post.
Dave
KudosCycles

karl101

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2011
you mean the fuse holder fell to bits? then a bigger fuse won't help, the fuse holder is rated for a particular current and will self-destruct if you draw power over that. On my bike I had to replace the 10A fuse holder with a 10A inline spade car fuse.

You can work out the specfication of the fuse holder: Watts (of motor) / Volts = Amps the fuse holders are normally rated for mains voltage, eg 250v at 6.3A. With a 250W motor and a 36V battery this pulls 6.9A and the fuse holder melts.

I would not repace a 10A fuse with a 20A one. A short on the circuit could cause catastrophic failure before the fuse expires.

Karl.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I was the fuse that had blown rather than the holder and I replaced a 20A ceramic fuse with a 10A glass slow blow one. Happily it got me home OK but I don't expect it to last long. :)