Who wants to review a Woosh TS?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi all

If you're not feelling too chilly, who fancies trying our new Sport TS torque sensor model?

We're thinking it's a pretty cool ride for anyone who's a fit cyclist and wants a fast ride with subtle assistance and NO THROTTLE! (the throttle is replaced with sensor inside the hub motor).

Candidates must have suitably bright lycra shorts and sunglasses. Let me know.

Hatti

The Sirocco Sport-TS | Electric Bikes from Woosh

Last edited:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I'm out, it really needs at least two chainrings on the front to be of use to me around here.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Artstu

It has three in the front

No clutter:

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Can the rider wear the Lycra shorts on the outside, like a superhero? :-D

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Provided that I can ride it on tracks like this..

And get it as muddy as this.

Then I'd chance giving it some abuse, sorry I mean carefully ridden appraisal .

Actually I got to say that after looking at your provided link, you should be onto a winner with that one. :) Added to my favourites list for later viewing.

edit.. The sport CD looks good as well.

Last edited:

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
You don't need forest track for mud, just try lea canal towpath after rain, plenty muck for all!
I notice the chainguard also appears telescopic, so can fit different bikes, clever. :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi all

If you're not feelling too chilly, who fancies trying our new Sport TS torque sensor model?

We're thinking it's a pretty cool ride for anyone who's a fit cyclist and wants a fast ride with subtle assistance and NO THROTTLE! (the throttle is replaced with sensor inside the hub motor).

Hatti

The Sirocco Sport-TS | Electric Bikes from Woosh

Hi Hatti,

What type of fertilizer do you use when growing your bike parts?
Secondly, how big is your allotment?

MS.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013

I could give it a try. I ride about 100 miles a week, 6 miles each way for work(60 a week) and then another 40 or so to the shops/friends/about london on the weekends. Currently riding a single speed racer. Strava if you are interested in how hilly or how fast/slow and whatever.

Chris T. | Cyclist | Strava

One of the longer rides on a day off, imagine stops dotted about the route as I had lunch and looked in shops and things.

Bike Ride Profile | is kinda safe near London | Times and Records | Strava

Not a fan of lycra so combat trousers but I keep up with and pass plenty of lycra clad people. Ignore any of the max speeds that are over 30mph, obviously strava having errors.

Only issue I can think of is that I will have to lock up in/around London, I'm happy to tell you what I lock up with and how but beyond that it's your bike.

The bike being different shouldn't be an issue as I have 4 bikes currently and switch between them often enough to be "natural" on any but if the riding position is awful and uncomfortable even when adjusted then that's what it is.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Hi all

]
I'd tell you to send it up here but the weather can be very unpredictable at this time of year and I might not get out on it as often as you'd like.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hmmm

This is getting hard.
I think I need a photo of each of you in lycra posted here in fully glory before I decide.
Best legs will definitely be a contributing factor......

Hatti

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
"..right Madam, just walk along the line and point out the one that.." ;-)

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
My legs look great. The rest of me is different story.

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
TALKING ABOUT LEGS i asked wife if she could get one of those bikes in my stocking at christmas,:eek: realy looking forward to the review of this bike, If its as good as rest of whoosh bikes you could have a winner hatti.:cool:

D

Deleted member 4366

I had a quick go on this bike today. Some people are going to like it a lot. I rode it down to the seafront, and then along it a bit over some gentle undulations. Handling, control and ride comfort were spot on. I was thinking that I liked it better than the very expensive Bosch bikes. It seemed to make pedalling effortless without giving much power. It has both a speed sensor and a torque sensor. The speed sensor gives a basic level of power as soon as you start pedalling, and then there's a variable amount of power that increases with pedal force. The maximum power is adjustable via the levels on the LCD.

When I came to pedal up Pier Hill, which is about 18%, the lack of overall power compared with the Big Bear was noticeable, and with my 100kg on board, it soon started to slow down. I had to pedal quite hard, but I didn't need to stand up, and this showed a slight flaw in the otherwise perfect bike. There's springs between the hub sprocket and hub for the torque sensor, so when you're pedalling hard, you take up all the compression of the springs and hit the stop. You can feel it hitting the stop, and it feels a bit like when you get a loose square taper crank. It isn't a problem, but feels like one. I guess if you owned the bike, you'd get used to it. You only feel it on very steep hills, when you're pedalling slowly. To evaluate this effect a bit more, I went to the very steep hill (about 25%) through the park. I was on the middle front cog, but went right down to bottom gear on the back, and had to stand on the pedals for the steepest bit. Again I could feel the free-play between the tapping as the springs hit the stop, but at least I was expecting it this time, so it didn't feel as bad.

In summary, if you're light and/or you don't have any steep hills, you'll love this bike to bits. It feels classy and makes normal pedalling effortless, whilst allowing you to put in as much effort as you want. To me, the power algorithm is spot on until you get very steep hills and pedal so hard that you bottom out the torque sensor springs. I know that guys on ES run these motors at double the power, so, if it were mine, I'd find a way of increasing the amps to the motor for better climbing, but I'm heavy and lazy.