Who Will Buy my Kalkhoff Agattu?

TerryMolloy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 21, 2009
I bought my black Kalkhoff Agattu HE 49 with 7 speed Shimano gear and speed shift throttle grip just a year ago and sadly, due to changed circumstances, have not been able to use this fantastic machine more than a couple of times for short pleasure rides, so I have reluctantly decided to sell it to free up shed space.

It is in immaculate 'as new' condition and come complete with a spare battery pack (£395 new), charger, documentation, manual and a pair of 'Bike Bins' sealed plastic rear panniers (total new price for all the kit would be £1,900+).

Located in Norwich (for viewing and buyer to collect), I would be looking for £1,300 ono - a great saving on its cost new!

Anyone interested please post here or contact me on tez@terrymolloy.co.uk

Thanks... Terry Molloy

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi Terry....what is the frame size ? ...I'm assuming it's a gents.

cheers....Mike

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Terry:

The usual Kalkhoff sizing charts don't work with me, so a personal question - how tall are you? (On the basis that if we are similar heights, the frame size would probably be about right!)

Thanks.

Second question: what do you mean by the 'speed shift throttle grip'? (Not overly familiar with Kalkhoffs).

Allen.

TerryMolloy

Dec 21, 2009
Terry:

The usual Kalkhoff sizing charts don't work with me, so a personal question - how tall are you? (On the basis that if we are similar heights, the frame size would probably be about right!)

Thanks.

Second question: what do you mean by the 'speed shift throttle grip'? (Not overly familiar with Kalkhoffs).

Allen.
Hi Allen... I am 5ft 7ins and 14.5 stone in weight if that helps...

The 7 gears work via a Shimano real wheel hub with a twist grip changer on your right hand handlebar.. so it is a bit like twisting the throttle on a motor bike to speedily change up or down.. you just keep pedalling and it does it the rest... really the easiest gear changer I have ever used!

All I can say about Kalkhoffs is you have to ride one to appreciate the build quality and engineering that make them such a pleasure to own. I always say they are a bit like the Mercedes Benz of the electric bike world in terms of power and pleasure... but that's just me..!!

Hope that all makes sense...

Terry

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Thanks Terry, yes, that makes good sense.

Allen.

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
Hi Allen... I am 5ft 7ins and 14.5 stone in weight if that helps...

The 7 gears work via a Shimano real wheel hub with a twist grip changer on your right hand handlebar.. so it is a bit like twisting the throttle on a motor bike to speedily change up or down.. you just keep pedalling and it does it the rest... really the easiest gear changer I have ever used!

All I can say about Kalkhoffs is you have to ride one to appreciate the build quality and engineering that make them such a pleasure to own. I always say they are a bit like the Mercedes Benz of the electric bike world in terms of power and pleasure... but that's just me..!!

Hope that all makes sense...

Terry

You need to step pedalling for a fraction of a second as you change gear if you want everything to go smoothly.

Iain

TerryMolloy

Dec 21, 2009
Bike Sold!

Just to let you all know that my Kalkhoff Agattu was successfully sold on Ebay on 20th June and realised the price I was expecting....

Best to you all... and thanks for the interest...

Terry Molloy