Whoare

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I'm not asking a question here......just thinking out loud......and reading between the lines........how I see it from HelenJ's 'sticky' regarding whoare...... it seems to me more like it that this person could not prove that he WAS an ordinary innocent forum member and not connected to the company he was suspected of being connected to.

Otherwise why would his membership be rescinded and all of his posts removed.......if he was a 'normal' punter.....mind you, whats 'normal' lol

Probably the proof against him was not totally 100% conclusive as I would imagine it would be very difficult to prove which person was using say, for example, an office computer.......

The more pertinent in depth questions, about IP addresses etc I will make direct by PM...... if I need to.....

What do others think I wonder.......

Lynda :)

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Tis but a mystery to me. Who are you Whoare? Think their actual choice of username gives it away really :)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
The removal and complete absence of comment from admin does very little to remove the paranoia that this brought about.

I will honestly say that this and the edieo indalo situation really does leave me with a feeling that I wish there was another viable UK ebike forum for me join (Endless Sphere is fine but not what Im really into)

Hopefully my concerns are just good old paranoia :D

PS Just seen HelenJ's post regarding whoare and I guess this does go some way towards proving im paranoid :) or does it :D

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I think the lack of public comment has more to do with legal niceties than paranoia.......

I cant imagine anyone wanting to risk legal action through the courts, even if the case is won.....what about compensation and costs if, say, the company being sued didnt have enough assets....

As for the owners of this forum, I don't think they can be blamed from trying to protect themselves from possible legal action, even if it was unfounded, what about the costs......is it worth the risk....I wouldnt take it if I was in their shoes......

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
"Whoare". Who cares? There's one or more on every forum, and whatever his edicts may have been, my Eagle was going like a rocket on the way back from the pub on Saturday night, and the new barmaid seemed duly impressed with my 'Electric Bicycle". It doesn't get any better!

Sorry, feeling a bit flippant this evening!:p

anniegirl

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2013
Lancashire
I am totally in the dark about all this......all of you might as well be talking double dutch, because I don't remember reading any postings by 'whoare'. I take it he/she/it was a spammer/troll or whatever these people are called?

So as the saying goes...........good riddance to bad rubbish!

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
I'm not asking a question here......just thinking out loud......and reading between the lines........how I see it from HelenJ's 'sticky' regarding whoare...... it seems to me more like it that this person could not prove that he WAS an ordinary innocent forum member and not connected to the company he was suspected of being connected to.

Otherwise why would his membership be rescinded and all of his posts removed.......if he was a 'normal' punter.....mind you, whats 'normal' lol

Probably the proof against him was not totally 100% conclusive as I would imagine it would be very difficult to prove which person was using say, for example, an office computer.......

The more pertinent in depth questions, about IP addresses etc I will make direct by PM...... if I need to.....

What do others think I wonder.......

Lin, you have known the passion that I have had for you these last years, so it is time I told you the truth about my poor elderly dislexic dispeptic and conjoined twin brother Alberto Whoare! He had no idea, nor could possibly have, at the time, of the resultant furore his offhand comment would provoke on the forum, poor fool!
I should say that he too dwells here and looked forward to your every sensual womanly utterance on the virtues of ebikes and indeed us pathetic males in general. "It was all just a lark, he whispered to me, his last word, from his death bed, he said!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Lynda,

You don't think Whoare is Eddieo in disguise do you?

Nahh..on second thoughts couldn't be. Whoare didn't make spelling mistakes (sorry Eddieo...)

Hatti

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Lynda,

Nahh..on second thoughts couldn't be. Whoare didn't make spelling mistakes (sorry Eddieo...)

Hatti, I am afraid that you are wrong,Whoare's spelling wasn't much better than Eddies.
Quote 'really shows the CALIBER of the Kudos'....unless he was talking about the i.d. of a gun barrel,and Kudos was about to go into the arms business....I think he meant 'really shows the CALIBRE of the Kudos'.
But gentleman are not supposed to correct anothers spelling misteaks!
KudosDave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Lynda,

Hatti, I am afraid that you are wrong,Whoare's spelling wasn't much better than Eddies.
Quote 'really shows the CALIBER of the Kudos'....unless he was talking about the i.d. of a gun barrel,and Kudos was about to go into the arms business....I think he meant 'really shows the CALIBRE of the Kudos'.
KudosDave
Actually, if Whoare is who I think he is, he seems somewhat dyslexic.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The quotes seem to have gone haywire, being attributed wrongly for the last few posts!

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
KudosDave
Caliber was some sort of disgusting alcohol-free beer, wasn't it?