Why can't we all just get along???

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
I am new to the forum and have noticed some very negative comments . This has stopped me posting a question due to the abuse I may receive if the questions I ask are obvious. I still find the information useful and will carry on viewing but not posting.
Please, feel free to join in. They tolerate me and I'm an idiot - don't know one end of an amp from an ohm!;)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I am new to the forum and have noticed some very negative comments . This has stopped me posting a question due to the abuse I may receive if the questions I ask are obvious. I still find the information useful and will carry on viewing but not posting.
I don't recall anyone getting it in the neck for asking a question. Go for it, we play nicely most of the time, but the occasional squabble does break out.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I have issues with this forum but it is a useful source of information nonetheless.

To bigmick and anyone else reticent about posting, I say go for it. You'll very quickly learn who the good guys are and who to ignore. Just by reading the pages here, you must have already grasped that there is conflict even between the "experts" so your views are welcome. We all might learn something?

Indalo

Last edited:

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
Please, feel free to join in. They tolerate me and I'm an idiot - don't know one end of an amp from an ohm!;)
I used to have the same problem with which end to put where. Then, whilst at Fulchester University, Professor McThoozle-Artichoke taught me this handy little rhyme to remind me .

"Amp rhymes with lamp, when you spell, take the 'L'.
'L' is for lefty, this rhyme isn't hefty.
Ohm rhymes with 'Rome', leave the 'R' at home.
'R' is for right, me is clever tonight."
Unless it's a Monday, or thunder doth sound,
In which case my friend, you must swap the ends round.

Therefore, the amp (lamp) is nearly always to be going on the left.
Thusly, the Ohm mainly goes on the right......unless it's a full moon. I can't remember the rhyme for full moon Amp/Ohm placing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Bigmick534. If you've got a question that you want answered, you can send it to me via the messaging system and I'll post it under my name. I don't mind getting abuse because I've got sloping shoulders, so the abuse just slides off down onto the floor.

Rab C Nesbitt

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2008
Good man Tom - I'm with you on this, maybe set ourselves up as a tag team . . . . The Legion of the Thick . . . sounds good already.

As we've said before there's a fairly broad church on this forum so to those who feel unsure , just come on and ask

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Good man Tom - I'm with you on this, maybe set ourselves up as a tag team . . . . The Legion of the Thick . . . sounds good already.

As we've said before there's a fairly broad church on this forum so to those who feel unsure , just come on and ask
Actually, you're not as thick as you claim to be - life's much simpler that way. Nobody argues with you and you don't get lumbered with jobs you'd rather avoid because you 'know how'.

I've always suspected that the real mugs in the world are NOT the ones who don't have the knowledge, it's those who do... You start by trying to be helpful and you end up labouring long and hard while the audience watches and criticizes, and then tells you it must have been easy in the first place and thanks you for doing it gratis. That's if you're lucky, and get any thanks at all!

Rog.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
You start by trying to be helpful and you end up labouring long and hard while the audience watches and criticizes, and then tells you it must have been easy in the first place and thanks you for doing it gratis. That's if you're lucky, and get any thanks at all!

Rog.
I'v always said, 'Today's Favour is Tomorrows Task'

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Or, as Judge Judy's so fond of quoting:

"No good deed goes unpunished."

A.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In general this is one of the best forums on the internet for courtesy, just occasionally suffering a little of what you've noticed. However, questions are almost invariably answered without anyone suffering in this way, and on the very rare occasion that someone has responded sarcastically or by belittling, they always get slapped down quickly.

From the forum's beginning, I've always insisted that if a question needs to be asked, it's valid question that deserves a polite and helpful answer.

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
Yikes!!

I used to have the same problem with which end to put where. Then, whilst at Fulchester University, Professor McThoozle-Artichoke taught me this handy little rhyme to remind me .

"Amp rhymes with lamp, when you spell, take the 'L'.
'L' is for lefty, this rhyme isn't hefty.
Ohm rhymes with 'Rome', leave the 'R' at home.
'R' is for right, me is clever tonight."
Unless it's a Monday, or thunder doth sound,
In which case my friend, you must swap the ends round.

Therefore, the amp (lamp) is nearly always to be going on the left.
Thusly, the Ohm mainly goes on the right......unless it's a full moon. I can't remember the rhyme for full moon Amp/Ohm placing.
Oh WOW - I feel really dense now. Don't even understand the rhyme! LoL!! never mind - I used to have a moped - 28mph downhill with the wind behind you. Does that make me a really good driver / cyclist or whatever! sorry, couldn't resist it.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Beans

My Doped did 30 MPD but then I had Hinez Beans Not tesos valuu

The speeling is from Alo Alo BBC tv

MPD = Miles per day

Frank

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Blew it, every now and then in life, someone comes along and makes ordinary people feel......well......superior? I've noticed that happening quite a lot recently. Mmmm!

Indalo

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
In general this is one of the best forums on the internet for courtesy,

Seconded, Flecc. I have been here 3 or 4 years and never felt there was any significant problem.