Winter cycling jackets

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Good for commuting but when you're creeping through a forest on a winter morn hoping to see some wildlife you may want to be less gaudy.
I don't know so much, do animals see colours like what we do ? In the US of A the hunters wear bright orange, yes it's so they don't shoot each other but to the cute little deer and bears they look brown (so I'm told)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
it will water proof anything you wash it with just get the right stuff for what it is made from.
What about Altura Night Vision jackets, is that made from the right material for the wash in stuff? (mine leaks in a bit now)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
What about Altura Night Vision jackets, is that made from the right material for the wash in stuff? (mine leaks in a bit now)
that is the stuff i use on my jacket so should work ok. they do sample packs for £1.50 or i bet if you email them direct they would send you a free sample ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Useful
Reactions: awol

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
I use the spray on nikwax on my altura jacket ,my fishing jacket and my boots works a treat even used it on my 30 year old battered barbour jacket it really is the dogs @@@@

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Tried most brands in the last forty years, now use Altura night vision exclusively
I've just bought an Altura NightVision Evo 360 Waterproof Cycling Jacket. Excellent, and surprisingly warm given how lightweight it is.

Gaz

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
I've just bought an Altura NightVision Evo 360 Waterproof Cycling Jacket. Excellent, and surprisingly warm given how lightweight it is.

Gaz
I like the look of those and they do a ladies version too. Am looking at the Gore range and a new brand on me - Showers pass

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I like the look of those and they do a ladies version too. Am looking at the Gore range and a new brand on me - Showers pass
As noted in reviews, they're very generous in sizing. I'm usually XXL or XXXL, but XL is right for me in this jacket, so if you do buy one, choose a size under what you'd normally order would be my advice.

Gaz