Wisper 705torque or A2B Ferber

LittleMo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2016
Nottingham
I'm trying to decide between these two bikes - any pros and cons you can offer? I have ridden both, but at separate places, so hard to decide which I preferred to ride,though I know I liked both. I suspect that the throttle and cadence option on the wisper may be the deciding factor because of problems I have with my ankles.

Reactions: yaffa

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Little Mo, welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for considering one if our bikes. If I can be of any assistance or you need any questions answered, please let me know.

Best regards, David.

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
I didn't get chance to ride a Ferber when I was looking but you can see which bike I choose!
What do you mean by the throttle on the Wisper?

LittleMo

May 26, 2016
Nottingham
I didn't get chance to ride a Ferber when I was looking but you can see which bike I choose!
What do you mean by the throttle on the Wisper?
The Wisper has a throttle and cadence mode as well as torque, which means that I can get the bike to move with little effort if my legs are failing me. The Ferber just has the torque mode, though it is a nice bike. Thanks for photo - too small for me to tell which bike it is!

LittleMo

May 26, 2016
Nottingham
Hi Little Mo, welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for considering one if our bikes. If I can be of any assistance or you need any questions answered, please let me know.

Best regards, David.
Hi David. Wondering if it is possible to attach my Ortlieb classic panniers to the rack - doesn't look like there's enough room. Am going to take one with me to try out anyway. Thanks.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Little mo, it is a bit tight, however we can get hold of a special adaptor for you and would be pleased to supply one with your new bike.

All the best David

LittleMo

May 26, 2016
Nottingham
Hi Little mo, it is a bit tight, however we can get hold of a special adaptor for you and would be pleased to supply one with your new bike.

All the best David
Thanks. If that's the one I buy then would be through the ebike centre in Leicester as they have put a lot into letting me try out the bikes. How would I go about it? I sometimes use 2 panniers. Do I need 2 adapters? M

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks. If that's the one I buy then would be through the ebike centre in Leicester as they have put a lot into letting me try out the bikes. How would I go about it? I sometimes use 2 panniers. Do I need 2 adapters? M
Hi you only need one. It works for both sides. Just tell Liam you spoke to me and we will arrange it between us.

Have a great weekend!

All the best, David

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
The Wisper has a throttle and cadence mode as well as torque, which means that I can get the bike to move with little effort if my legs are failing me. The Ferber just has the torque mode, though it is a nice bike. Thanks for photo - too small for me to tell which bike it is!
I was just checking that you didn't think it had a throttle as such, I haven't tried mine in cadence only mode yet, too busy dodging traffic!
IMG_0543.JPG My bike is a 705 Torque.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Lil Mo,

I heard from Liam, that you decided on the Wisper.

Thanks for investing in a 705Torque. We appreciate the business.

Please let me know if you need the pannier extension.

All the best

David

LittleMo

May 26, 2016
Nottingham
Hi Lil Mo,

I heard from Liam, that you decided on the Wisper.

Thanks for investing in a 705Torque. We appreciate the business.

Please let me know if you need the pannier extension.

All the best

David
Hi David. I thought Liam had asked for the pannier extension? I definitely want it, as the bike is not my 1st choice without it.
Thanks,
Mara

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mara, I can confirm that the bike is being supplied with the pannier ext.

Thanks for investing in a Wisper, please let me know how you get on?

Kind regards, David

LittleMo

May 26, 2016
Nottingham
My pleasure Mara, I really hope you enjoy!

Kind regards, David
It's a great bike - many thanks. I do find the battery indicator always drops a bar on my way up a hill to work (nearly half a mile that I used to crawl up in my bottom gear!), but then seems to recover afterwards! It has brought me back to the speed I used to cycle at, which is great. The rack works fine too.
Many thanks, Little Mo (aka Mara)