Wisper 805FE 2012 adding throttle and unrestriciton

D

Deleted member 4366

Half throtles are no good. they have too big a diameter. The levers can't get past. Only the particular thumb throttle in my photo is thin enough underneath.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Half throtles are no good. they have too big a diameter. The levers can't get past. Only the particular thumb throttle in my photo is thin enough underneath.
Thanks Dave. I will get the thumb throttle first to see how it goes.

Btw, MY controller has a following parameters
Rated voltage 36v
Maxi current 14.5A
Rate current 7A
Low voltage protection 31.5v
Throttle adjustment voltage 1.2v-4.4v

What can I do to achieve 18-20mph speed? is the Maxi current too low?

thanks.
Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Anyone can me this time? Sorry for being noob about ebike :(

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Pat

This controller looks Good it will have a higher speed also comes with brake levers and matching display

new digital type controller not cheap and nasty

Should run on your battery OK

motor controller Z02 for electric bicycle brushless 8fun motor-GreenBikeKit online store for electric bicycle components-GreenBikeKit.com

Frank
Thanks Frank. This controller looks a bit different what I see normally (silver box)

Do you have more information about this controller? I could only see three cables from the controller...

Do you think the lifepo4 battery 36v 10ah would not work on my existing controller? My battery pack is Panasonic 18650 cell.

D

Deleted member 4366

Let's look at the three main options again:
1. Buy a 3 LED thumb throttle and hope that the connector on the Wisper controller is compatible - will probably work, but you'll probably have to change a connector or cut them off and join directly. Cost maybe £5
2 Buy a controller, throttle and pedal sensor from Greenbikekit for about £20. These will definitely work, but you'll have to do a bit more wiring and maybe change a connector or two. This will work with any 36v battery.
3 Buy a new battery, controller, throttle etc and fit them to your Wisper at a cost of about £250. To me, this doesn't make sense. It would be better to sell the Wisper, buy a nice bike and fit a complete kit to it, then you get whichever battery, throttle and power that you want.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Let's look at the three main options again:
1. Buy a 3 LED thumb throttle and hope that the connector on the Wisper controller is compatible - will probably work, but you'll probably have to change a connector or cut them off and join directly. Cost maybe £5
2 Buy a controller, throttle and pedal sensor from Greenbikekit for about £20. These will definitely work, but you'll have to do a bit more wiring and maybe change a connector or two. This will work with any 36v battery.
3 Buy a new battery, controller, throttle etc and fit them to your Wisper at a cost of about £250. To me, this doesn't make sense. It would be better to sell the Wisper, buy a nice bike and fit a complete kit to it, then you get whichever battery, throttle and power that you want.
Thanks again Dave. You have been a great help for me.

I have already gone for the option 1 to see how it goes. Still waiting for the throttle to come.

At the same time, I am planning to change the battery to lifepo4 when the original dies (for longativity). I try to keep everything as stock part as possible so I won't go to the option 2.

You are correct maybe it is wise to sell off the wisper but I could not a find a better folder like this. I wish wisper uses lifepo4 on this bike then that would be perfect.

Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Oh..Forgot to ask.

Would that be problem using 36v lifepo4 battery for my existing wiser controller? (originally 36v panasonic battery)

thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any 36V battery with you existing Wisper controller. As has been mentioned before, some batteries are stronger than others even though they are the same nominal voltage. As you want a bit more power, you should get one that can give a continuous discharge of 15 amps or more, then you get less voltage sag. Naturally, you'll need to solder the correct connector to your battery or controller so that they match.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
You can use any 36V battery with you existing Wisper controller. As has been mentioned before, some batteries are stronger than others even though they are the same nominal voltage. As you want a bit more power, you should get one that can give a continuous discharge of 15 amps or more, then you get less voltage sag. Naturally, you'll need to solder the correct connector to your battery or controller so that they match.
This battery from green bike kit seems to fit the requirement.

lifepo4, rack carrier mounted battery for e-bike online store for electric bicycle components-GreenBikeKit.com

E-bike lithium battery with alloy shell case for rack and controller box for controller
1. Voltage: 36V
2. Capacity: 10AH
3. Charging voltage: 43.8V
4. Discharge protection voltage: 24.0V
5. Overcharge protection voltage: 46.8V
6. Continuous discharge current: 15A
7. Max discharge current: 30A
8. Short circuit protection
9. Lifecycle: 2000 times
10.Dimension: 407x150x67mm
11. Attached controller box dimension: 145x78x45mm
12. Sliding board and fixing parts will be sent together with the battery