Wisper 905Se For Sale

dr1uk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2008
Sold..........I have had the Wisper for two months and use it to commute to work and have found my fitness has increased quickly. I am now buying a road bike to use and am therefore selling my Wisper 905SE for £975. Its as good as new, is great fun to ride. I'm based near Exeter and I am happy for you to have a go. If your'e in the market for an electric assist bike you won't be dissappointed in this one. PM me for further info...:)

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
will this bike still be covered by warranty - is it transferable....

dr1uk

Jun 18, 2008
Warranty

I have had confirmation the warranty is transferable. I will supply the reciept to the purchaser. I bought the bike from The Electric Transport Shop, Cambridge who have been very helpful and have confirmed the warranty will follow the bike to the new owner.:)

John Fleet

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2007
Whitley Bay
I have had confirmation the warranty is transferable. I will supply the reciept to the purchaser. I bought the bike from The Electric Transport Shop, Cambridge who have been very helpful and have confirmed the warranty will follow the bike to the new owner.:)
That's very encouraging but directly contrary to the information given to me by Doug: I quote directly from his email response to me when I asked the exact same question regarding my newly purchased, almost new Wisper

"Warranties however are not transferable, but we at Wisper will always help second owners get the best from their bikes..."

I wish they'd make up their minds!

John

dr1uk

Jun 18, 2008
Warranty

As stated, I bought the Wisper from The Electric Transport Shop, Cambridge and I have an email sitting in my in-box from them stating it is transferable.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That's very encouraging but directly contrary to the information given to me by Doug: I quote directly from his email response to me when I asked the exact same question regarding my newly purchased, almost new Wisper

"Warranties however are not transferable, but we at Wisper will always help second owners get the best from their bikes..."

I wish they'd make up their minds!

John
Thats what I was told by wisper on the phone today as well.....hardly comforting for secondhand values is it.:rolleyes:

John Fleet

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2007
Whitley Bay
As the warranty rests with the supplier - Wisper - not the retailer - Electric Transport Shop - I'd be inclined to believe the former - not a satisfactory situation but there you have it...

pgtips

Jul 29, 2008
:rant: :mad: does annoy me this whole approach to warranty, it should be the bike that is under warranty not the person , they don't size you up when you walk into the shop and think, hmm, he's ok for 2 years warranty.

Selling the bike, hmm, we haven't met the bloke he sold it to, might be a bit dodgy, nah, can't transfer it mate.

If the product is good enough it should not worry anyone who provided the the warranty, if you are a bit suspect about the goods you sell then fair enough you want to get shot of any obligations asap.

I thought the whole service wrap around things had enabled suppliers to move on from this.

PG

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
I agree with PGtips on this one.
It's a warranty of the goods purchased so should be easily transferable, shouldn't it?
Especially when it is only 2 months old?
I don't really understand what the problem would be myself :confused:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In UK law, the one year legal warranty transfers with the product for the whole of the first year.

Suppliers often offer additional and/or longer warranty benefits, and those can only transfer if the supplier permits it.

When a supplier says a warranty is not transferrable, they are referring to their own warranty issued, which in law does not affect the consumer's rights under the one year blanket protection law.

John Fleet

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2007
Whitley Bay
In UK law, the one year legal warranty transfers with the product for the whole of the first year.
Is this statement fact or opinion? I'd like to see chapter and verse to support this statement which I can then quote back at Wisper. My research hasn't proved conclusive. Clearly there is no contract between a second hand purchaser of any goods and the original supplier, but on the other hand there is the one year guarantee provision to which Flecc refers.....

dr1uk

Jun 18, 2008
Wrong....

As the warranty rests with the supplier - Wisper - not the retailer - Electric Transport Shop - I'd be inclined to believe the former - not a satisfactory situation but there you have it...
It appears my original post has started a warranty debate. When I studied business law I recall you enter into a contract when you make purchase with a supplier - in this case my contract is with The Electric Transport Shop NOT WISPER. A consumer's statutory rights are with the trader. A guarantee offered by the manufacturer is in addition to such rights.

The fact The Electric Transport Shop have stated they will honour the warranty demonstrates they are an organisation worth doing business with. I will be more than happy to deal them again.....Now back to the original thread...Wisper 905SE SPORT for sale...advertised at £975 but now open to all offers...comes with 1 year 9 month warranty (on frame).

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Warranry

Hi Guys

Sorry to drag this on dr1uk, but I thought I would clarify our position ...... again!

Warranties are transferable as long as any work undertaken on the bike since it's purchase has been made by either us or a recognised Wisper dealer and no changes have been made to the original specifications.

The German bikes normally do not meet the warranty rules as they have had throttles fitted retrospectively and most of the problems on these bikes have been caused by faulty fitting by their original owners. However, as Doug quite rightly says, even if these rules have not been adhered to,
we will always try to find a compromise. The last thing we want is an unhappy Wisper owner.

Dr1uk's offer seems to be excellent and as on all second hand bikes we will honor the warranty. :)

Best regards David

Last edited:

John Fleet

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2007
Whitley Bay
David

Naturally that's good to hear; but your statement, welcome as it is, is directry contrary to the information supplied to me (and it would seem to others, by Doug) - to quote.... again! 'warranties are NOT transferrable' (my upper case). I prefer your stance to that of Doug's, but as I commented in my earlier post on this subject you two really should get your act together and speak with one voice!

By the way, as you may have noticed the North East took a bit of a hammering weather wise over the weekend. Undaunted I ventured out along my local cycleway yesterday only to discover that in parts it was flooded up to the crank on my 905E. So.. feet raised off the pedals, gentle throttle and all was well - although the bike and me got an unwanted shower - the Sport mudguards are pretty hopeless, but the electrics came through with flying colours!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Warranty

Hi John, I was glad to hear the electrics worked well, I too dislike the sport type mudguards, hence me insisting on the 905se City S to be added to the range (a sport with full mudguards).

Re the warranty sorry if we look as if the right hand does not know what the left is doing!! However, warrantees are definitely transferable as long as any work has been carried out by a bone fide Wisper dealer and is the original spec. I will clarify this with Doug later today.

Best regards David

dr1uk

Jun 18, 2008
Sold....

Wisper 905SE SPORT for sale...advertised at £975 but now open to all offers...comes with 1 year 9 month warranty (on frame).[/QUOTE]

No longer for sale:) :) . Thanks for all your interest.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Well I am glad it seems that this is all sorted :D

I can see where the misunderstanding lay with Wisper as there were a few German Wisper's sold on Ebay of which I own one :D
It would be so easy to have screwed it up if not done by the boy's at Wisper so fair comment by David. My Wisper was fine after home done re-wiring but understand that there had been a few problems with others out there.

David and Doug have been great with just a couple of problems on mine (not re-wiring) and I cannot rate the guys at Wisper high enough!!
I don't think you can go far wrong with the Wisper wherever you bought it from as it is a great bike all round!

However what I don't understand is how the electric transport shop sold a German Bike unless I have missed something or was that the company/person who bought up quite a few of them from the German seller on ebay? :confused:

The No.1 Female Wisper 905 SE Fan :D

Last edited: