Wisper Daahub

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes I have watched the install video a couple of times...I really like the thumb throttle and the way you can lock it on, its a bit like cruise control!

trying to source a donor bike via ebay to keep costs down at the moment.......But I really like this system. the battery looks so easy to remove and a lot more managable as well. I think when I lock the bike up somewhere I would remove it....So better security as well.

Been a bit of a wait since we first heard about it but likes an excellent system.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Frank for starting this thread.

FYI we will have six in next week, mainly for Journalists but we have already started to take orders and I think one is earmarked for someone in the west country. The bulk will be in stock in late July, but not a huge amount as we have had to bring in as may bikes as we can to meet demand, which has put some pressure on our resources!

Here are some images of the packaging.

DSC_8215 100.jpg
All arrives in a handy carry box

DSC_8223 cropped 100.jpg
Inside the box

DSC_8254 crop 100.jpg
Bag included for your non motorised spare wheel

DSC_8264 100.jpg
All protected in heavy duty cartons

All the best

David

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks Frank for starting this thread.

FYI we will have six in next week, mainly for Journalists but we have already started to take orders and I think one is earmarked for someone in the west country. The bulk will be in stock in late July, but not a huge amount as we have had to bring in as may bikes as we can to meet demand, which has put some pressure on our resources!

Here are some images of the packaging.

View attachment 2175
All arrives in a handy carry box

View attachment 2174
Inside the box

View attachment 2176
Bag included for your non motorised spare wheel

View attachment 2173
All protected in heavy duty cartons

All the best

David
David Hi.

What is the experience, without power, of the fitted kit? To put this into context can you compare rolling resistance through the motor with that of the Panasonic Crank system? My wife is looking for a bike/kit which offers a riding experience more or less equivilant to a normal non-e bike.
Thank you.
Regards
vectra

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Vetra, I am delighted to say it is almost totally free wheeling, I personally cannot feel any resistance although I am told there is a tiny amount there. It is the same Japanese motor we use on our Alpino bikes.

All the best

David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Does the donor bike have to have steel or alloy forks? not carbon?

Do the dropouts need to be vertical?

In video it says kit fits 95% of bikes but when you are looking for one it is the 5% I am worried about......:confused:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Eddie

We haven't found one of the 5% yet (just being ultra cautious!), we have fitted DaaHub to many bikes, even a BMX and soon a tricycle.

The drop outs can be vertical or angled.

My only worry about using carbon forks would be the possibility of over tightening the anti spin device, other than that no problems. You may want to put some black tape under the clamp to save scratching the forks.

DSCF0050 100.jpg

DAAHUB PREEMO 100.jpg
Anthony being silly!!

All the best

David

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

trying to source a donor bike via ebay to keep costs down at the moment.......B
Been a bit of a wait since we first heard about it but likes an excellent system.
Facebook is a great place to get donor bikes. My Diamondback cost only £15!. Facebook has a sort of local sales forum where all the kids sell/swap their mobile phones and other stuff. Ours is called Telford/Shropshire Sales, so do a Facebook search on your home-town name followed by "sales" and see what comes up. If you've got a Blackberry Curve, you'd be able to swap it for a really high quality bike as the kids go nuts for them.
Here's a link to our so that you can see what I mean (if it works). Have a look at "photos" in the small list on the lhs.
Anmelden | Facebook