Wisper or Woosh

Bmdji

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2014
Hi
Thanks to all the great information on this forum and the people who kindly answered some questions I feel a lot more informed about e bikes.
Had almost decided on a Woosh scirocco cd. Just done a last eBay search and seen a second hand wisper 905 not far from me. It's 5 years old with a 14ah battery. Seller is claiming it will still do 40 miles. Do you think this might be a good option? Obviously depends on what it sells for but worried it may need a new battery sooner which could cost a lot?
Good deal if it goes for cheaper than a new woosh (£800)?
Thanks

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Wisper battery costs about £500.
There is the £700 Woosh Sirocco 2, similar specs compared to the Wisper: 8-Fun motor, 15AH battery.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?sirocco2

Bmdji

Jul 9, 2014
Thanks, that is another option. Also seen an Ezee torque from 2010 which I'm considering. It's the mark 2, anyone know if this model is possible to derestrict for off road?

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Thanks, that is another option. Also seen an Ezee torque from 2010 which I'm considering. It's the mark 2, anyone know if this model is possible to derestrict for off road?
Not sure about eZee Torqs of the 2010 vintage, but the ones up to about 2007-2008 could be derestricted, as could Forzas and Fortes. We have a couple of Torqs listed in our Used eBikes section http://www.50cycles.com/used-ebikes.html

D

Deleted member 4366

They can all be de-restricted. Disconnect the two wires at the controller.

C

Cyclezee

Most eZee Torq Mk2's can be de restricted, but that is not the case with all of them as at one time there were different controllers depending on the region of the world.

If it is this one currently on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251583834656?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT it probably can but you would need to check with the seller.

Bmdji

Jul 9, 2014
Thanks for the advice. Yes that's the one. To be honest though looking at the age of it and costs for a new battery I think it's too expensive. I guess I would need to replace the battery pushing the costs to over £1000 which is out of my price range.

C

Cyclezee

Thanks for the advice. Yes that's the one. To be honest though looking at the age of it and costs for a new battery I think it's too expensive. I guess I would need to replace the battery pushing the costs to over £1000 which is out of my price range.
Yes, that is always the issue when buying used electric bikes from eBay with no warranty, the bike looks in very good condition, but the battery is the most expensive single component and you have no way of telling now well it has been cared for or it's condition.

If it really is in excellent condition, then the price is not bad when you compare it to the Mk3 at £1395.

We do have the entry level eZee Sprint Primo for £850 which is proving popular.