Wisper seat post

pl1974

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2008
Hi,

I've started to notice a bit of a twist on the suspension seat on my Wisper, it probably only twists a few mm either way, but its quite annoying..

Anyone know how to fix this? Looks to me like there is a white plastic hexagon shaped piece inside the tube?

Thanks,

Paul

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Replace it with a rigid seat post, it will feel much better.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi,

I've started to notice a bit of a twist on the suspension seat on my Wisper, it probably only twists a few mm either way, but its quite annoying..

Anyone know how to fix this? Looks to me like there is a white plastic hexagon shaped piece inside the tube?

Thanks,

Paul
I'm afraid this is quite normal for suspension seat-posts. Any attempt to eradicate the free play results in 'stick-slip' operation.

The only suspension post I have ever known not to have this problem is the CaneCreek 'Thudbuster'. This is my own personal choice for general riding, including off-road trail riding.

canecreek thudbuster

Unfortunately they are very expensive, generally around £250.

Edit: Oops, must've applied the Zimbabwe inflation rate, try £125

Regards
Bob

Last edited:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
My suspension seat also has the play. Can't say it bothers me though as i wiggle about alot when riding lol.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I never thought much of the suspension seat post so when it snapped I replaced it with a cheap fixed one which I'm very happy with*. The suspension one was a nice idea but the angles were all wrong for me, all it seemed to do successfully was bounce me into the air on the table top speed bumps.

* Apart from it not being set back enough but neither was the original.

pl1974

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2008
Thanks, its not too bad and I find it generally quite comfy, just a shame that it seems to be getting worse.

Will have to see about a replacement at some point I guess.

Paul

mutmost

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2009
Another option to the thudbuster is a suntour copy which seems to get good reviews for under £30.

example here Controls about half way down the page

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I never thought much of the suspension seat post so when it snapped I replaced it with a cheap fixed one which I'm very happy with*. The suspension one was a nice idea but the angles were all wrong for me, all it seemed to do successfully was bounce me into the air on the table top speed bumps.

* Apart from it not being set back enough but neither was the original.
Sorry, Andrew, forgot to look for that BMX saddle, in the middle of a house move......

I will have a look today.

Hi Paul, unfortunately there is a little movement in the suspension posts, for a more solid feel the non suspension type is better.

All the best

David