Wonderful Ride......

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Just back from a wonderful ride, I've been all over Ilminster, Horton, Ilton, barrington, Seavington, Dillington house,Kingston,Dowlish Wake,exploring all the little side lanes and villages then on to Perrys Cider mill......that was great,all the cider sampling certainly made for an interesting last 3 miles home.....hic....:)
iPod on, amy macdonald, adele, mr mister, zz top, black eyed peas.....hope there werent many people lurking in the hedgerows as I went hurtling (! LOL) past, wind in my hair, singing at the top of my voice......
Stretched myself a bit with this ride as there are quite a few hills ( OK it wasnt the great Orme !) but it had me breathless......
29 miles and I might go back out later.....battery on charging just in case !
Took a couple of photos at the cider mill but not sure how to load them on here so if anyone can give me some advice ?
Also, how do I mark my route on my maps on the phone ...anyone know ? :confused:

Lynda

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
And here is us stuck in the big smoke........If you had a Bosch powered bike you can get a 90% recharge in 1.5 hrs. So a nice relaxed lunch and then you can get on your way....:D

I use tiny pic TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Just save pic you want to load to your desktop, then open tiny and load, and then copy result into web page...

maybe an easier way but not sure:confused:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Just back from a wonderful ride, I've been all over Ilminster, Horton, Ilton, barrington, Seavington, Dillington house,Kingston,Dowlish Wake,exploring all the little side lanes and villages then on to Perrys Cider mill......that was great,all the cider sampling certainly made for an interesting last 3 miles home.....hic....:)
iPod on, amy macdonald, adele, mr mister, zz top, black eyed peas.....hope there werent many people lurking in the hedgerows as I went hurtling (! LOL) past, wind in my hair, singing at the top of my voice......
Stretched myself a bit with this ride as there are quite a few hills ( OK it wasnt the great Orme !) but it had me breathless......
Took a couple of photos at the cider mill but not sure how to load them on here so if anyone can give me some advice ?
Also, how do I mark my route on my maps on the phone ...anyone know ? :confused:

Lynda
Nice one Lynda. Sounds like you had a ball. Re: the photos .. would recommend using one of the free photo sharing sites. I use flickr. If I want to share photos I just include the link like this:

Hack stacks - a set on Flickr

If you upload your photos using the GO ADVANCED option then there is a limit on the size of the files you can upload which means you have to resize your photos which means you lose some quality and it takes longer!
Here is one that I resized and uploaded some time ago:
DSC00409_RESIZED.jpg

Last edited:

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Sounds like a great tme was had.

I must remember to put my mp3 on when riding Wilma with Bertie in his basket, a bit of metallica at full bean's might drown out the racket from the back!!!! ;)

Alan B

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2011
Yatton
Well done Lynda, that's a good outing. Looking at the map you have loads of little villages and back roads to explore. Looking forward to seeing some photos, as Kitchman said you can just load them using the advanced option, this is what I do, but I think it's limited to 1MB, so you will probably have to resize the image. Otherwise use Flickr or similiar, and you then insert a link instead.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
And here is us stuck in the big smoke........If you had a Bosch powered bike you can get a 90% recharge in 1.5 hrs. So a nice relaxed lunch and then you can get on your way....:D

I use tiny pic TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Just save pic you want to load to your desktop, then open tiny and load, and then copy result into web page...

maybe an easier way but not sure:confused:
Aaah.....I KNEW there was an advantage to those bosch bikes.....quick re charge....that was it.... :)....joke joke......wish all bikes could be recharged so quickly.....you are lucky
I can use Picasa but with this being a new phone its finding how to get them there thats the problem right now.......I am not very technical,
Will have a look at Tinypic too...thanks...........

Lynda

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Nice one Lynda. Sounds like you had a ball. Re: the photos .. would recommend using one of the free photo sharing sites. I use flickr. If I want to share photos I just include the link like this:

Hack stacks - a set on Flickr

If you upload your photos using the GO ADVANCED option then there is a limit on the size of the files you can upload which means you have to resize your photos which means you lose some quality and it takes longer!
Here is one that I resized and uploaded some time ago:
View attachment 2662
Thanks Alan....I know I have aflickr account but cant remember my details.....am trying to access another account at the moment and cant remember my password...I have so many its a nightmare.

Yes I DID have a ball....best morning in ages.....certainly beat yesterdays traffic blighted trip to Ikea with daughter LOL

Lynda

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Sounds like a great tme was had.

I must remember to put my mp3 on when riding Wilma with Bertie in his basket, a bit of metallica at full bean's might drown out the racket from the back!!!! ;)
Hiya Morag...where you been ?
Do your doggies yowl when in the trailer then ?
Mine dont I think they are too scared to say anything, but these days I tend to leave them in the motorhome as I think my rough off road cycling style shakes them up to much them being so tiny LOL

It was a fab morning, I have just recently joined the iPad scene and I am loving loving loving cycling to music.......it spurs me on :)

Lynda

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Well done Lynda, that's a good outing. Looking at the map you have loads of little villages and back roads to explore. Looking forward to seeing some photos, as Kitchman said you can just load them using the advanced option, this is what I do, but I think it's limited to 1MB, so you will probably have to resize the image. Otherwise use Flickr or similiar, and you then insert a link instead.
Thanks Alan....will do my best but theres only a couple of pics of my bike under an apple tree and one very unflattering one of me looking decidedly windswept LOL
Its all these technical terms like 'link' and 'resize' that are frightening me :) :) :)

Lynda

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Ikea? can't think of anything worse .. or can I? .. yep.. Eurobike 2011! ... so glad I didn't go. ...
currently scribbling on some scrap paper trying to work out how to get 2 sprockets, a spacer, a top hat shaped mounting bracket and a securing nut onto 30mm of axle! ... so, I can be like this guy that scottyf found on youtube:
LepusMotorGeräusch - YouTube

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Aaah.....I KNEW there was an advantage to those bosch bikes.....quick re charge....that was it.... :)....joke joke......wish all bikes could be recharged so quickly.....you are lucky
Lynda
more advantages then that! lol.......Being able to easily lift, single handedly onto a motorhome rack among them;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
more advantages then that! lol.......Being able to easily lift, single handedly onto a motorhome rack among them;)
Yeah yeah........alright......alright......dont push your luck :) :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Ikea? can't think of anything worse .. or can I? .. yep.. Eurobike 2011! ... so glad I didn't go. ...
currently scribbling on some scrap paper trying to work out how to get 2 sprockets, a spacer, a top hat shaped mounting bracket and a securing nut onto 30mm of axle! ... so, I can be like this guy that scottyf found on youtube:
LepusMotorGeräusch - YouTube
Hmm.....as I have said before Alan.....sometimes you worry me :) :)

But I have every confidence that you will work it out....after all you managed to tow your brothers bike all that way.........even if it DID scare you :)

Please explain for those of us who really havent a technical clue, exactly what that clip means.... that the chain seems to be erm....in a funny place or doing something different ?
Is that it ?.....or.....

Lynda

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
that the chain seems to be erm....in a funny place or doing something different ?
The chain comes off the bottom of the chainwheel, back to the motor sprocket and right around it onto an idler sprocket that's partly out of sight. Then around the idler sprocket, off it at the bottom and then running rearwards to the back wheel. You can see the forward and back parts of the chain running, just the partly concealed idler confusing things.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
The chain comes off the bottom of the chainwheel, back to the motor sprocket and right around it onto an idler sprocket that's partly out of sight. Then around the idler sprocket, off it at the bottom and then running rearwards to the back wheel. You can see the forward and back parts of the chain running, just the partly concealed idler confusing things.
Exactly what I was going to say! ... ;)

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Please explain for those of us who really havent a technical clue, exactly what that clip means.... that the chain seems to be erm....in a funny place or doing something different ?
Lynda
Yes, I'm attempting to attach sprockets to a hub motor, clamp it to my frame and connect the chain so that the motor drives the rear wheel. The guy in the video has done something similar which gives me confidence and hope that I can get the job done.. and with a little help from my friends who knows ...

C

Cyclezee

Lynda
Glad you had a great ride today and great choice of music;) Wish I had been there.

In contrast, I went on an organised ride with bunch of non powered cyclists we stopped halfway at a pub, like you do.
The heavens opened so I lingered for a while with Stella, then got my waterproofs on, they kept me fairly dry, but my feet got soaked and the rest of the ride was quite dreary, two people got punctures, so they got the Marathon Plus lecture.

Look forward to your pictures Lynda;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Glad you had a great ride today and great choice of music;) Wish I had been ther

Yes, I think you would have enjoyed it better than your choice of ride...it didnt rain with me.......:)

Look forward to your pictures Lynda;)

So far I have managed to download two to my gmail and now I dont know how to get them here.......
I told you.....I have many talents but technical certainly isnt one of them...........

Lynda

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent

Lynda
Well ,we are drinking and driving are we ,ever likely you need a lie down ,but i bet you had real fun ,are you near Charmouth Lyn ? it has been a lovely day ,and perfect for a bike ride ,glad you had fun.best wishes Brian