Wonderful Whitfield Welcome....to all cyclists

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
As some of you know, I have been giving my future and lifestyle a lot of thought for quite a while.

Decision is now made and I am buying "Whitfield Village Pantry" situated on the A686 ....voted one of the worlds top ten scenic drives.

Home - Whitfield Village Pantry

I will be taking over fully on Saturday 31st August and, although they already welcome lots of cyclists, obviously from now on there will be an even bigger welcome to E-bikers .

One of my first jobs will be to fix a cycle rack up outside, obviously I will be a Chargepoint for Cycle Charge, also I have lots of parking and a paddock so will become a "Britstop" for those motorhomers amongst us, and there will be a Vapers Welcome sign on the door, I may also stock vaping supplies in the future.

I am hoping to become the hub/ meeting point for some cycling events.....treasure trails, maybe geo-caching etc. It will take some time for me to explore the area on my bike, all I have noticed so far are quite a few hills :eek:

First however I must concentrate on all this home cooking and baking......

Forgive my blatant advertising...... ( makes a change from all you bike dealers though haha ;) )

You will, however, get a lull from my postings for a little while......so its not all bad lol

So, Northumberland here I come.....:cool:

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

All the best Lynda from Cyclezee.....blatant advertising;)

Can't wait to sample your Geordie delicious buns:eek:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Wish you well on your new venture, and if I am ever up that way, I surely will drop in for a cuppa, doubt it will be by e-bike thou.

Malfunction

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2013
Best wishes with your new venture Lynda, it sounds brilliant, just a shame your not closer to Lincoln :rolleyes:

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Welcome home(almost) sis, hope its a big success. From Polemonium Plantery (more blatant advertising)

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Lynda All the best wishes and Success in you new venture From all at Xipi

Maybe you could Hire out bikes and Ebikes as well

Frank

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A bit far indeed, I'll make sure our missionaries try to make contact with the natives in that region and locate you.

Seriously, all the very best with your new venture, quite a change from Somerset and Spain, but hopefully a very successful venture ensuring you a happy future.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
A lovely part of the country, i know the A686 well, riding my motorbike up there is always a great day out. Add a "Bikers Welcome" for them and you'll do particularly well in that location. A fat biker sized full English breakfast will help too! Good luck.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Well done, I'm pleased you are sorted.

Looks like a well-established business.

I suppose the previous owners have had the benefit of the summer trade, but the quieter months should give you time to get settled and put your stamp on the place.

I will certainly swing by, but it's bit lumpy up there so I expect my visit will be diesel engined rather electric motor assisted.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Hope it was nothing I said...

Couldn't be much further away without you going Pictish!

Best of luck with the new enterprise.

C

Cyclezee

Hope it was nothing I said...

Couldn't be much further away without you going Pictish!

Best of luck with the new enterprise.
Not again:rolleyes: the Picts were much further north, not coming south of the Clyde or Forth valleys.

But she will be only 30 miles from God's own country;)

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Funkylyn. What a fantastic new venture. You thoroughly deserve to succeed, because as we all know you have true grit and fire in your belly. Although I wish you luck, I really do not need to because you are the sort of person to make your own luck, and as I am sure you already know, the hardy you work, the luckier you get.

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
My battery isn't big enough to get me there. :(

I can get there on the motorbike tho. Does it count if I cut the engine and coast into the village making pedalling motions with my feet and ringing the bell? Will I get served?

Seriously tho. Good luck and God bless.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I wish you all the best Lynne. It's not too far from me, about 100 miles or so I think. I'll pop down one day, probably in the car or on the motorbike though.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
First however I must concentrate on all this home cooking and baking......
Forgive my blatant advertising...... ( makes a change from all you bike dealers though haha ;) )
Oh, I'm a sucker for a nice tasty bit o' spam. Just ask Frank. :)
Wish I was closer, I'd definitely pop in, so best of luck in your new venture.