Woosh DWG kit - cassette question

jnm72

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2023
Hi All,

Just in process of fitting the Woosh DWG rear hub system. I'm hugely impressed with their service and knowledge so far and the quality of the parts seems really good.

Before I bother Andy tomorrow with a newbie question I thought I'd ask here!

I've moved my Shimano 8 piece cassette over. It's actually a 7 piece cassette and 1 additional small sprocket and it's the original from my Whyte 603. I cleaned it all down, got it sparkling, fitted it to the new wheel from Woosh and locked it down hard with a cassette tool, but by hand not torque wrench.

I went to fit the wheel and realised that the width of the cassette is too deep and protrudes so far it catches on the frame.

The supplied washers touch the lock ring, so should I just look for a smaller OD M10 washer to sit on the thread first to provide my separation?

Attachments

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi All,

Just in process of fitting the Woosh DWG rear hub system. I'm hugely impressed with their service and knowledge so far and the quality of the parts seems really good.

Before I bother Andy tomorrow with a newbie question I thought I'd ask here!

I've moved my Shimano 8 piece cassette over. It's actually a 7 piece cassette and 1 additional small sprocket and it's the original from my Whyte 603. I cleaned it all down, got it sparkling, fitted it to the new wheel from Woosh and locked it down hard with a cassette tool, but by hand not torque wrench.

I went to fit the wheel and realised that the width of the cassette is too deep and protrudes so far it catches on the frame.

The supplied washers touch the lock ring, so should I just look for a smaller OD M10 washer to sit on the thread first to provide my separation?
Yes, you need a slightly non-standard washer m12 x 20mm. They call them "reduced diameter" washers. They're quite easy to get from ebay and places like that.

Reactions: jnm72

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you have two washers on each side, a thin one and a fat one.
Try this first: put the fat washer (the anti-rotation washer) in first, it should not touch the freehub.

Reactions: jnm72

jnm72

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2023
Great support everyone, thank you for your help getting my first conversion completed!

Super customer service from Andy at Woosh!

Feedback welcome!

Only thing I'm struggling with is securing the plastic nut protector on the drive side where the cable exits the hub. ???

Reactions: Oldie

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There are two sizes of those rubber things. I think you have the big one and the small nut. See if you can measure the size of the hexagon inside it and compare that with the size of the nut.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We only use one size nuts and covers. I am a bit mystified. Can't see the problem from the pictures. I suggest the OP email Andy about it.