Woosh Karoo

Odin73

Just Joined
May 20, 2016
Manchester
Very quick review, Ordered Monday delivered Wednesday very helpful customer service, opted for the bigger battery £850 in total.

Came very well packaged to my works, full instructions included, just seatpost, pedals, handlebars and front tyre to fit took 10mins to complete.

Bought for my son to get to and from college and work on, looks great. Cycled home on it and got 3 PR's on Strava without really giving it some welly.

I've tried the Gtech but it looks like a glorified Decathlon special with a battery, whereas the Karoo looks more sexy, my only gripes are the grips look and feel cheap plastic, I would change them but with one of them being the twist throttle you can't and me being 6ft 1 the frame I feel is a little small, but its not the Karoos fault i'm a big lump :)

But on its maiden voyage it looked and performed 1st class, I will update the review when my lad has used it a few weeks

Attachments

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
You could probably easily and cheaply change the twist throttle to a thumb throttle and then use any sort of grips you prefer.
Welcome Odin.
Dave.

Reactions: Odin73

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Dave is correct. Your son is unlikely to need the throttle, just replace the grips.
if he does, ask Andy@woosh for a thumb throttle.

Odin73

Just Joined
May 20, 2016
Manchester
Andy at Woosh was very helpful and honest he said he could'nt see how i could fit a thumb throttle easy as it would interfere with the gear shift, but he could sell me one to try and fit it myself. Great bike though hope the weather picks up this weekend

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are two thumb throttles, one for the left and one for the right.
I know woosh fit the right hand throttle for customers who ask for Ergon GP1 grips to be fitted to their Karoo.

Last edited:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Mine's on the left just outboard of the LCD display so I can change 9 speed gears as I'm using it.
I also have triple chain ring gear changer on the left and no problem at all.
Dave