Woosh & Oxydrive comparison.

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
Looking for a rear hub drive cst kit. The Woosh is attractive because I already have a bbs02 kit with HL battery so if I wanted to go for a longish ride I could take a spare battery to extend range. The kit is also £300 less than the Oxydrive. What are the differences between the two motors? Also what are the differences between the Woosh motor & a BPM, other than cst, different speed windings & freewheel? The Woosh site says they have the same internals, but it shows a weight difference of over a kilo :confused:. Also the Woosh kit only seems to come in a 26 inch wheel. Any info on this would be welcome.

Steve.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Also what are the differences between the Woosh motor & a BPM, other than cst, different speed windings & freewheel?
the BPM has 160mm diameter + freewheel fitting, the Oxygen 140mm and the XF08C 124mm. The latter two have cassette fitting.
Larger cores have heavier copper, steel and magnets.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oxydrive is/was 270rpm and is able to go up to 24mph.

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
Thanks for the replies. The 08 kit may not have the required grunt. I am around 100kg & live in Pendle, (Even the flat bits are steep) I don't mind putting in some effort on the hills. A BPM would probably serve the purpose but is very heavy. Also I don't fancy the screw on freewheel. The Q128c sounds good but I don't feel confident about buying from China & would prefer to order a complete kit rather than bits & pieces. At the moment I am running the BBS02 500w in a Giant Revolt cyclocross bike with flat bars, it performs quite well but I feel that a rear hub drive would be less obvious. Sorry but I still find myself apologising to cyclists & others for cheating. So the more stealth the better.
Steve.