Woosh Rio FB/LS

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Have you seen the reviews of the Rio on the reviews section!

Reactions: KEN OPENSHAW

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Following on from my earlier post (#3) recommending the Woosh Big Bear on http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/gears.32320/#post-454561

I think perhaps you would be better off with the Woosh Rio MTB because it has a rear hub motor and therefore there can be no front wheelspin problem (Big Bear has a front hub motor) as experienced by member Marwood Hill elsewhere in these forums. Use the Search facility to find it.

The Rio has hydraulic brakes and a high geared sprocket (11T), so there is no spinning out or pedalling air at higher speeds.

Go for the 17ah version.

KEN OPENSHAW

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Hi Eagle...my sentiments entirely..I’ve read the article by Marwood and that managed to steer me away from front hub motors.Been talking to Tony a lot from Woosh and think We’ve finally narrowed it down to the Santana 3 step thro with a 17Ah, although I fancied the Rio FB but the amount of off road I do didn’t warrant the extra rolling resistance!

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Ken,

I would still go for the Rio because of its superior hydraulic brakes and the 11T sprocket.

NB There is no need to have chunky MTB tyres!

Woosh will fit
Schwalbe Marathon Plus road tyres or similar. They are virtually puncture-proof and with low rolling resistance.

I ride on the road exclusively and I elected to have the Schwalbe Marathon Pluses on my new Oxygen MTB from new.

Remember that many people use the Rio and similar MTBs with road tyres for regular commuting. Just because a bike has a MTB label does not mean it will not be used on the road.

Think about it carefully before you make a final decision.

Last edited: