Yet another Bargain Bosch powered bike

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Cor-blimy, a Bosch powered bike for a bag of sand. I quite like the look of the bike and it will probably be comfortable to ride. Not much in the way of specification, but definitely worth a close look if you're in the market for a crank drive bike.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Not sure which one it is but one of the last two stepthroughs as first has nuvinci and last two 8 speed hubs

Spec very sketchy though probably worth calling them if interested .

EBike. The original: E Bike Models

They are efficient, but as for quoted range, yes if fit and light using ECO 1 you will get a very good range and could probably ride into infinity . but just like always these manufacturers figures absolute BS

Range fine for our usage and its just such a fine system. Fast charger helps 90%
In 1.5 hrs, 2.5 hrs full charge (from empty)

The one I linked a week or so ago had 28inch wheels also but XT which I prefer.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Are these Bosch motors so efficient that an 8 Ah battery will cover 140km?
I've no experience of the Bosch system, but my Panasonic crank drive could push the range to 60 miles with extremely conservative battery use and when the battery was new. My battery is a 24 Volt 10 Ah model, the 8 Ah Bosch has a slightly higher capacity due to its 36 Volts, so in the region of 70 miles might be possible with conservative use and a realistic amount of low assist.

These bikes seem to be at a sensible price point which makes them viable as a commuting / general workhorse. £2000 plus for me, pushes the bike into the nice to have, "perk" bracket. Not really a sensible purchase, but ok if you have the money sitting around waiting to be spent.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They really are excellent prices. If they get to us, these could make it very difficult for the Chinese to enter the crank drive market with unproven new systems and also give very tough competition to such as Tonaro bikes which are even dearer here than that lower price.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I dont think it will last unfortunately, probably just making way for 2013 stock. That being said the prices are coming down as more appear. When demand high and supply short and everyone wants the product, dealers will charge as much as the market will withstand

I really cant see the Chinese efforts as being anywhere near as good.....

steel Helmet on - bunkered down - awaiting incoming dealer attack - thank heavens for the exclude button!:D:p

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Oop's! heads down again Guys and Gals.... Another one coming in!:p

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
my sister was clearing out her loft the other week as having it converted. she found an autograph book with a signature from King Jimmy from top of the pops..funny thing being she has no recollection of the event..

I told her to contact the solicitors immediately as she is probably blanking the experience out..

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
my sister was clearing out her loft the other week as having it converted. she found an autograph book with a signature from King Jimmy from top of the pops..funny thing being she has no recollection of the event..

I told her to contact the solicitors immediately as she is probably blanking the experience out..
Rumour has it that after Saville had handed out the heavy metalic, "Jim'll Fix It" medallions,he would run to his dressing room and activate a giant electro-magnate. This is just a rumour and the electro-magnate has never been found.