yet another example of how dangerous cycling can be.m

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Lot of stressed out people about just waiting to explode. Best not to call someone a muppet or similar unless you're ready for a possible reaction. He should be prosecuted for assault of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Not only is this a direct physical assault by the driver, it is also assault with a deadly weapon. It is very clear that the van drove deliberately into the cyclist. If the cyclist was a police officer on a bike, that certainly would be the charge. I do agree that the police should be able to take action against the driver without the cyclist being named. How many other cyclist will this moron put at risk with his driving habits. You do get a ticket for speeding through a speed camera.

A life time driving ban and some jail time would be appropriate. If this happened and it was publicized maybe cyclist would have a bit safer environment to travel in. Just starting with enforcement of highway code 163 would be a good place to start.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Flattened him with a tidy right hook, if a bit telegraphed.

It is to be hoped the cyclist was not, as reported, shouting at the passenger to get off the phone.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Time to get that Daily Mail link out on Twitter and Facebook peeps.
Show the world what a complete piece of scum he is!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is to be hoped the cyclist was not, as reported, shouting at the passenger to get off the phone.
It's clearly on the soundtrack, the shout of "Get off the phone you muppet".

Whether a passenger is using a mobile is no business of a cyclist, he is clearly asking for trouble. While not in any way condoning the driver's appalling actions, such a bossy attitude from the cyclist makes me wonder what his actions were preceding the video clip the video. There's two sides to every story.

Reactions: RobF

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It's clearly on the soundtrack, the shout of "Get off the phone you muppet".

Whether a passenger is using a mobile is no business of a cyclist, he is clearly asking for trouble. While not in any way condoning the driver's appalling actions, such a bossy attitude from the cyclist makes me wonder what his actions were preceding the video clip the video. There's two sides to every story.
It's not clear to me who the cyclist is calling a muppet.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's not clear to me who the cyclist is calling a muppet.
True, but if he saw the driver on the phone his camera should have caught it and I'd have thought it would have been shown it as a still. The stills only show the passenger in the van.

Either way his shout was ill-advised to say the least.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Either way his shout was ill-advised to say the least.
Certainly was.

On-road driving tuition is rarely well received by the person it's aimed at.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's odd. The video clip that I watched this morning on FB was over 2 minutes long, and showed the van over taking the bike on a zebra crossing. It then spiralled downwards from there.
Thanks Eddie, seems a driver edited this version! ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

As far as I can see, it's the driver who was on the phone and the cyclist tried to catch it on his camera and shouted at him to get off his phone.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The video on Pistoheads tells more of the story. To summaries, the cyclist went looking for trouble, found it, and then got a fat lip. The end.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Or cyclist was cut up offended by the driving and pointed out the phone use was not right.
Driver took criticism as serious offence meriting assault with car and fist to re-educate stupid f$€>ing cyclist.
Fully justifiably of course as his firm pays road fund licence.