Yose battery mileage

Alimarsh45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2022
Hello.
Iv'e had my Yose e-bike kit installed for a couple of months now and am enjoying and learning slowly .
I bought a battery seperately from the usual kit of 13 ah. I went for a 15.6 ah x 36 volt.
I live in a fairly hilly area and generally use 2/3 mode but occasionally 4 for help up a steeper or longer slopes
and with this I average about 28 to 30 miles tops. Oh, I'm about 13 stone
I am just wondering what other people are roughly getting from theirs ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For your use of PAS levels and the hilly nature of the terrain 30 miles from 560wh is pretty good, it is the higher PAS level use on hills that is sucking away the range. Your battery cells will be china cells whethe rthey are good china branded ones , whos knows. These cells will likley be quite good but not as good as well known branded ones, time will tell to see how they perform in the next 12 - 24 months.

When I used a 522wh battery, I maxed out the range to 52 miles with a BBS01 Mid drive but I would only use the very low power levels on predominantly flat terrain with gentle ascent.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Pretty good from a cadence sense hub motor. 19Wh per mile, not too shabby at all.

You can always stretch range by doing more work yourself, and you can choose where to do that. If you use lower assist on the flat, you can still use higher on the ups and get more range overall.

Edit: saw your other thread. For more range just buy an identical second battery. For even longer days, carry the chargers and enjoy a leisurely lunch whilst recharging!

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I use the same battery which is now about 4 years old and live on the hilly Welsh borders with gradients of up to 20-25%. I use my Oxygen e-Mate usually on full power mode (torque sensor) and, when the battery was at its best, managed about 50-55 miles in hilly terrain needing full power to climb hills.

I'm 53kg (8 stone 3lbs) and carry a load of about 6kg.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I use the same battery which is now about 4 years old and live on the hilly Welsh borders with gradients of up to 20-25%. I use my Oxygen e-Mate usually on full power mode (torque sensor) and, when the battery was at its best, managed about 50-55 miles in hilly terrain needing full power to climb hills.

I'm 53kg (8 stone 3lbs) and carry a load of about 6kg.
Whatever cells Yose battery packs contain, they seem rather good considering the price. I may in future buy one.

How many miles do you get now, four years later? What voltage does it charge to? Would you buy another?

Last edited:

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I'm still getting a good 40-45+ and, yes, I have bought another of these batteries so my original is now a spare.

I haven't tested the voltage it charges to or how quickly it falls.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm still getting a good 40-45+ and, yes, I have bought another of these batteries so my original is now a spare.

I haven't tested the voltage it charges to or how quickly it falls.
Thank you for that information - about 20% drop in capacity is what I'd expect from a 8 year old laptop battery, but low amps are drawn from those. I'd buy a Yose somewhat sooner if my battery mount was compatible, but unfortunately I have a "Polly" battery case... therefore I'd have to remove both battery and mount to swap batteries over, after soldering on compatible connectors. Rehousing the cell pack from my Polly case into a Hailong may not be possible, because it may be a different shape and size. Hailongs seem to be much more common, wish I'd known that before I bought my Polly cased battery...