You got a moped!

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Yep, I agree with many of the ideas so far, the top box, the bulky battery pack, and the exposed large hub motor are what makes it look less like a bike.

I think you'd need to lose the top box and lower the panniers so that they hide the large hub, and fit the batteries in them.

The weight distribution wouldn't be as good as you have it now, but it would look a lot less "motorised"... :)

View attachment 12392
It's a bad trade off in my opinion. With battery mounted the way it is, handling is way better. I don't want a wobbly bike in exchange of some stealthyness

Reactions: flecc

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
It's not what people say is important. I'm a little worried that from behind with the topbox, it looks like a scooter without a number plate, especially when it out-drags all the other bikes away from the lights. I hope you pedal all the time, Cwah.
That is actually my main concern. I always try to pedal but sometime I'm lazy...

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
I have got a box like that though beware the lock is rubbish fine for storing a D lock but would not leave anything valuable in it.
Interested that you have dinner plate motor in a 20" wheel did you lace it yourself or did you buy it already fitted in the wheel. I have been thinking of replace my motor with something a little bit powerful but could not find anywhere online that sells 20" wheel kits.

Reactions: cwah

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
It's leafbike motor directly laced into a 20" rim.

It works ok but I intend to change my rim into a bmx one and put moped tyre.. the current one just wear out in a couple of month

Reactions: Twangman