ZIPPER Z1 CONTROLLER WIRING :(

sambomagambo

Just Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Surrey
Hello guys! My first post so bare with me,

I had a ZIPPER z1 folding bike I got for £40 worked perfect! , me being me tool it all apart and out it on a lighter frame, worked perfectly, I can't rember why but i cut a few of the plugs off the controller :/ now I can't remember what was what ! Help would be awesome!

So I've know where the +/- for battery is, the 3 motor connectors, some still have the plugs on, but I need help identifying the hall wiring, pedal assist ( res, white, black but one one ?) and throttle.

I know the blacks are ground.

What is the single white ?

The yellow bullet connector?
There was also a red with bullet connected?

This may be a stupid question but I can't really afford a new one :/ if so tell me so I can crack on with something else :')

I have attached a picture + a couple of the components, thank youuu

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

It's almost impossible to say which is which without the connectors. it'll probably be easier to buy a new controller. ones like that don't cost much, but I'd spend a bit more (about £40) and get one with proper PAS control.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hall wiring is marked on some pcb's by a letter Blue = A, Green = B & Yellow = C. Hall red 5v might be marked HV or some other letter and Hall Gnd might be HG.
Do any of the other wires connected to the pcb have any letter/number id adjacent to the solder point ?
Otherwise you have a pig in a poke of a job getting that lot sorted, with hind sight you should have used masking tape to group and label the wiring or taken a pic or two.

bobby Street

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Had a folding Zipper about 2 year, recently readout comes on, then error 01, and as readout goes off back wheel kicks in. On its stand, rear wheel clear of floor and get readout back on, the rear wheel goes by itself. On investigation controller feeding throttle all the time, disconnected throttle ( didnt use it any way ) everything back to normal. Problem must have been from new, when i went over bump electrics cut out, when putting battery on charge it used to arc. Like i said doesnt cut out, dont arc no more. Hope Diagram helps person with controller problem.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Had a folding Zipper about 2 year, recently readout comes on, then error 01, and as readout goes off back wheel kicks in. On its stand, rear wheel clear of floor and get readout back on, the rear wheel goes by itself. On investigation controller feeding throttle all the time, disconnected throttle ( didnt use it any way ) everything back to normal. Problem must have been from new, when i went over bump electrics cut out, when putting battery on charge it used to arc. Like i said doesnt cut out, dont arc no more. Hope Diagram helps person with controller problem.
when you switch the bike on, the controller checks the throttle signal. if it gets anything than a zero throttle signal (>1.2v), it won't give power until it sees one. After it sees zero throttle (1.2v or less), it will try to regulate the motor speed in accordance with the signal it gets.

Your problem is that you've broken the throttle stop, so it isn't resting at zero throttle. It can only be fixed by replacing the throttle.

bobby Street

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2021
when you switch the bike on, the controller checks the throttle signal. if it gets anything than a zero throttle signal (>1.2v), it won't give power until it sees one. After it sees zero throttle (1.2v or less), it will try to regulate the motor speed in accordance with the signal it gets.

Your problem is that you've broken the throttle stop, so it isn't resting at zero throttle. It can only be fixed by replacing the throttle.
Thanks for reply, The throttle is just a booster for sudden inclines, Power level
1 to 5 and booster only work when the pedals are turning. not a throttle in the true sense.