eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If you decide that mudguards are for you and also if the one you have turns out to be not too effective, then I can thoroughly recommend these.. Very robust, dont move sideways when your not looking, and most importantly dont affect the dropper post! Pics are today's post office run, coming back via the canals muddy bit..
I know guards ain't for everyone, but I suspect the less hardy among us outnumber the Bog Beasts...

outbound by road.. so relatively clean.
2016-12-30 14.14.49.jpg
Home via the canals muddy bit which is is as muddy as I like to get...
2016-12-30 14.32.03.jpg
2016-12-30 14.32.16.jpg
2016-12-30 14.31.56.jpg

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
View attachment 17048 View attachment 17049 View attachment 17050
yay it works and dont need a software update tho im surprised given how locked down the bosch system is.

only went up and down the road and all looks like it is working tho the mph is nor right as have a dongle but its not half like on the other display seems it gets to the 16mph limit and then goes in half??

and that moto was a fooker to get back on where my power cable from the batts goes.
I think this is a fab photo and it tells a story..
Notice the bubble wrap to protect the bike from getting splinters from the banister spindles, and the lock so if someone brakes in they can take the telly and stuff but not the bike.DSC_0635.JPG .:)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not been any distance with it but its pretty much plug and play after it is installed.

i had the speed in km so thats why that was wrong and now in mph so back to half speed same as the other display ;)

i miss the clock tho ;(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it has 2 button cell batts in the back 1.5v each with a screw cap cover.

tho it will not turn on unless it is connected to the motor.

looks like it does not get any power from the bikes battery thus why they are not rechargeable.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
That is the ones that I thought you meant. I guess that to be fair, I get a winter of use from the two that run my Ebay .99p rear light, so they might well do okay. Having said, I hardly ever use or need a rear light!:D

They have jumped up in price though. I bought five of them for £4.95 including delivery. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Cycling-Bike-Helmet-Front-Rear-Tail-Light-Safety-LED-Warning-Lamp-New-/182262251858?var=&hash=item2a6fad4152:m:mh_M0AEahx6R7T_Z-F9H1XA

I have one of these as well, which is pretty good, but there is no warning when they run low on charge. It will either work or not. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Rechargeable-3-Mode-Bike-Bicycle-Tail-Rear-Warning-Red-Light-Lamp-D-/262657677316?var=&hash=item3d279e1804:m:mnLCm21kKlG6fhQFtz3cwkQ

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Usually these things give some sort of warning before they run out.

manual says it will come up with LOW BATT on the screen when they are getting low.

• Useful
Reactions: EddiePJ and Gubbins

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Forest of Dean today was a bit busy and it seemed there was a lot of people going faster than their ability? In the space of 1/4 mile we came across 2 off's. We'd got out of the way of one of them who was trying to keep up with his mate. He's in the 1st photo. 2nd photo, the young guys front wheel came off when going over a jump! Luckily, both were ok.fod1.PNG fod2.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

Sadly the group ride to Eastbourne was cancelled until the end of January, so it off for a ride locally instead. :)

And there it is over and done with, the first ride of 2017.

When I was out night riding during last week, I was struggling to track some of the trails that I had built, so this mornings ride was a bit of fun time out in my playground, doing a bit more trail building work, and also working out a few new potential ride sections. Not a bad way to spend a morning.

I'm probably heading back out again tomorrow, for a bit of digging and clearing of dead trees etc.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Well that is the first night ride of 2017 done and dusted.

If only it had been dust! That was one difficult ride tonight with a mix of deep mud and frozen ground. Nota combination that I really enjoy, but it was still brilliant fun being out in the cold crisp air. :)

The next ride is tomorrow morning for more of the same, plus a continuation of the trail building.

Related Articles

Advertisers