Website update is bad

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Press Ctrl and + together a few times ant it'll disappear.
Good stuff - thanks. Only drawback is that it's now in very large print, but still better than that purple haze before (showing my age here :))

D

Deleted member 4366

'Kin 'ell, you can't please some people!

What's wrong with big text? I can understand complaining about small text. Next, you'll be complaining that you can't see the adverts like that! :(

Reactions: EddiePJ

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
'Kin 'ell, you can't please some people!

What's wrong with big text? I can understand complaining about small text. Next, you'll be complaining that you can't see the adverts like that! :(
No no no.:p I'm GLAD I can't see the adverts like that;)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I was about to post that the new site works a treat on a 7" android tablet - then I tried editing some text.
Dreadful - Can't highlight ablock of text at all & backspace gets all constipated.
Unless I'm missing something...

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
We can change these to whatever you want them to be. I think last upgrade there was a bit of talk over what to call them.

So, if a consensus is formed I'll change them.

.....Can the user change these silly comments - Just joined ,finding your electric wheels , A BIT CORNY

regards emma

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Are you using the Chrome browser? Landscape or portrait mode?

I was about to post that the new site works a treat on a 7" android tablet - then I tried editing some text.
Dreadful - Can't highlight ablock of text at all & backspace gets all constipated.
Unless I'm missing something...

C

Cyclezee

Hmmm, it's a very narrow forum on my 1920 pixel wide screen.
I'm running my Mac at 2560 x 1440 and using Google Chrome.

It's quite easy to adjust the zoom for Chrome which makes a BIG difference. Currently I have the forum set at 150%.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I think if the text was changed to black...... and the, no doubt lovely, picture wasnt taking up 50% of the screen......then we would all get used to it a lot quicker and easier.
In any case, nice to see everyone hasnt disappeared into cyber space along with our favourite old site.....which may take on the same late lamented status of Presteigne.....all that wishful thinking and wishing it was back :D
Hopefully not, for Russ's sake, who has no doubt worked long and hard to bring us this new,exciting (to him lol ) super duper new site.
All joking aside, Im sure we will all get to love it eventually....I must admit I like the coloured 'smilies', I just want to be able to read it all without squinting at pale text and getting a headache with all the sun .......yeh...ok....Im older.... but then.....so are the majority of forum members I believe.....

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Ummmm.....I am having a blonde moment here.....I did as d8veh suggested and pressed ctrl and + and now my page is bigger than my laptop and I dont know what to press to get it back to normal......help....please.....:eek: Lynda:)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Phew....thanks dave....I thought the forum was going to explode out of my laptop altogether :eek:
But Ive taken the wig back off....dont think it suits me ;)

Lynda :)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Havnt noticed any difference yet.

Oh wait i mainly read on tapatalk :)

sent by pigeon post

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I don't wish to tempt fate, but I've had no problems at all. The text is fine and everything is correctly formatted. I'm using Safari on iPad and Mac.