Website update is bad

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
We can change these to whatever you want them to be. I think last upgrade there was a bit of talk over what to call them.

So, if a consensus is formed I'll change them.
Member, Senior Member, and of course, Guru.

I used to like being a Senior Member, it made me feel like a somebody.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
After a year and over 2,000 posts I've clearly "just joined" :D. Is it like moving into a rural village where you're still a new kid on the block after 15 years ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Member, Senior Member, and of course, Guru.

I used to like being a Senior Member, it made me feel like a somebody.
Please not Guru for anyone, too elitist. The other titles could perhaps be more imaginative, perhaps cycling related. For example one wildlife forum I belong to has such titles as Commander of the Wild Empire and for the most knowledgeable, the exalted title Knight Commander of the Wild Empire!

Reactions: oldtom

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
A novel idea might be to have NO title. Who really cares if someone has posted 10 or 100 posts?

Mine says 'finding my electric wheels' well, I just looked in my garage and there they were.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think that there was only one electric wheel there. You better carry on looking for a bit.

Reactions: flecc

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I hadn't even noticed the "finding my wheels" thing until reading this thread and now I'm not impressed. It sounds like your talking to a toddler at play school :confused:
Howsabout
"Charging battery's"
"Still charging"
"Fully charged"
Etc :)

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I think all changes to anything should be banned. There was nothing wrong with life before computers either. I did my first 4 jobs with no computers. Yes. Amazing huh? No computers and no mobile phones. And yet somehow we got it done.

Reactions: flecc

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Never confuse movement with progress.