Points mean Prizes!

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Personally i am not keen on the new site at all,it seems far too biased towards retail sellers,i think the points are a rather pointless way of getting people to keep coming back to the site,to gain extra pointless points, it seems silly promotions help to keep people interested in things.

Reactions: Mike63

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
If you don't like the ad's and you use Chrome install adblock extension, zero ad's just the pretty picture.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I don't like adds either but it's the price of a free to use site.
Adblocks get rid of most of them.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I've not yet found out why the points, just lots of people asking about them !

Adds on the right ? I just double tap my IPad screen, the adds disappear and the post I'm reading fills the screen:cool: Big letters for old man eyes:)

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Personally i am not keen on the new site at all,it seems far too biased towards retail sellers,i think the points are a rather pointless way of getting people to keep coming back to the site,to gain extra pointless points, it seems silly promotions help to keep people interested in things.
The trophy points system is just a feature that is built into the forum software. If it doesn't interest you, just ignore it.

Reactions: Jimod

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
The trophy points system is just a feature that is built into the forum software. If it doesn't interest you, just ignore it.
Thank you Russ.

How does one accrue points? Is it number of posts perhaps. But most importantly, we need to know the lavish prizes on offer.:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thank you Russ.

How does one accrue points? Is it number of posts perhaps. But most importantly, we need to know the lavish prizes on offer.:)
Well, my almost 26,000 posts have earned me just 113 points, so more like Nectar points and Green Shield Stamps than a lottery jackpot win!

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Well, my almost 26,000 posts have earned me just 113 points, so more like Nectar points and Green Shield Stamps than a lottery jackpot win!
Absolutely Flecc.
Of course, the great appeal of Green Shield Stamps was the hours of fun sticking them into the little books. I have many fond childhood memories of doing just that. As I recall, I collected over 100 full books and used them to buy my Mum a new Teflon frying pan. You can imagine my being quite upset when the handle broke off in a week or two, I had been collecting the stamps for some years.

I gave them up after that and resorted to disassembling lawnmowers and painting them bright colours, an affliction I still suffer from!:confused:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Apparenty when you have 10,000 you can get a free mars bar :)

Reactions: anniegirl

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Of course, the great appeal of Green Shield Stamps was the hours of fun sticking them into the little books. I have many fond childhood memories of doing just that. As I recall, I collected over 100 full books
Indeed, I also spent ages doing that but never got remotely near your total before giving up and accepting a gift so minor that I can't remember what it was! Since then I've been averse to any form of loyalty scheme. I could be collecting Nectar points from my supermarket, petrol and electricity consumption etc, but just cannot be bothered with the messing about. The same goes for cashback offers.

I prefer the simplicity of just paying for something which I can comfortably do anyway, contenting myself with the altruistic thought that my discount might account for another's low wages.

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Is the points system still working ?
Mine just don't add up, in fact they have reduced in number , they might be on a diet as well ......

regards emma