I've been stopped by the police today :(

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Blowed if I can see what's wrong with the riding in the video either :(

Other than that he's riding in the bus lane - I don't ride in cities, so wouldn't know if that's allowed - It certainly looks a lot safer than being out in the traffic lane.

But then... My using bike lanes is seen as ridiculous by some ;)

Reactions: cwah

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Likewise, I couldn't see anything wrong with the video, indeed there was much to praise about the riding.

flapajack

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2013
I would LOVE a bike like that. In fact, that is what ebikes should be about - helping solve the country's transportation problem, getting everyone go live a healthier lifestyle and generally having a blast doing it

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Bus lane are for bus, taxi or bikes unless specified otherwise:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/redroutes/963.aspx

The video is on a low traffic period. During peak time, it's way more dangerous. Cars everywhere, and they often ignore cyclists. It's way more dangerous.
I often cycle around them areas, nothing extra dangerous about them imo. The roundabout by trafalgar square can be nasty on the other side if you want to go around to charing cross road as you need to go across when most of the traffic wants to turn off but apart from that it's a really nice place to ride so long as you aren't expecting to take every inch you can and have every driver let you go before them.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Ok, how about this one - hint count the the number of light passed on red:

Edit: Link removed

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How does anyone commute everyday through a grey concrete jungle such as that shown in the video and remain upbeat about life?
I did it for very many years, but the offset was my enjoyment of the countryside at weekends, particularly in the latter half of my working years when i lived where the two join so had instant access to either.

Reactions: hech

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
How does anyone commute everyday through a grey concrete jungle such as that shown in the video and remain upbeat about life?
Disagree. After 10 years in some of the finest wilderness in the country I would chew off my right leg for the joy of a high speed central London commute. I would finish off my day out in London with some late night biked up hell raising and bag snatching in Soho and my lipos would be too hot to touch.
Perhaps CWAH when he gets out of jail could organise sight seeing tours and day trips for provincials and middle aged delinquents like us in mind.

Last edited:

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Use buses or trains for a few years and then switch to cycling it. It might not be the countryside but having seen the other options... :cool:

Also overlaying all the rides for ages from strava onto one map looks awesome.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
They were directed at those who unliked my post to offer means of clarification and qualification of the factual statement I made.

No other reasons were given at the time so I assumed that they had concerns about the content.

They have been up long enough for those concerned to respond so they have now served their purpose.

I am unable to delete replies so it will be up to the poster of the reply to remove those other links if they wish to do so.

Last edited:

Willber G

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2014
Southampton
They were directed at those who unliked my post to offer means of clarification and qualification of the factual statement I made.

No other reasons were given at the time so I assumed that they had concerns about the content.

They have been up long enough for those concerned to respond so they have now served their purpose.

I am unable to delete replies so it will be up to the poster of the reply to remove those other links if they wish to do so.
Well, I thought the second one was a good example of how not to do it! Reckless.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
yes lessen learned for crossing red light. I did that when I was late.

Of course not anymore. And I'll respect light... although sometime it's really against cyclist.. ie: red light on very narrow intersection. Cars want to pass first and really just go over few inch away from me :(

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
yes lessen learned for crossing red light. I did that when I was late.

Of course not anymore. And I'll respect light... although sometime it's really against cyclist.. ie: red light on very narrow intersection. Cars want to pass first and really just go over few inch away from me :(
You appear to have been late on several other occasions going from the other videos I did not post here.

I would like to believe you that you will learn a lesson from being stopped.

The policewoman was trying to give you good advice about injuring other road users - I think she was referring to pedestrians.

As I have said you were very lucky to get only a £50 fine. Going on the near misses and making people move quickly out of your way on the video, the cost in compensations for any injuries you could cause with your illegal bike would be substantially more.

You seriously need to have a think about you next project as it is evident you can not safely control the 2500W bike you already have before moving on to a 10KW one. Sure you will get advice from ES members on how to do it but you must ask yourself whether it would be a wise move.

There is only one person to blame for all of your mishaps.

Sorry if this is not the type of response you want.

Reactions: oldtom