Pedelecs 10,000+ members

C

Cyclezee

Yes, membership is growing steadily with most of it's members from the UK where electric bikes are far less popular than in neighbouring European countries.

Germany for example has a huge electric bike ownership and the German Pedelec forum is just under 14,000.

Endless Sphere has 24,000 members but is not exclusively an electric bike forum.

So in comparison I guess we are doing OK.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And the Netherlands has proportionally the largest e-bike market of all with over 1 in 8 of all bike sold being pedelecs, but as far as I am aware has no e-bike forum.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
And the Netherlands has proportionally the largest e-bike market of all with over 1 in 8 of all bike sold being pedelecs, but as far as I am aware has no e-bike forum.
Are we deduce then that forums reduce sales?:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are we deduce then that forums reduce sales?:rolleyes:
No, from what I posted I deduce that the presence of the support of local knowledgeable e-bike capable dealers everywhere there makes a forum far less necessary.

It's the lack of that in most parts of the UK that makes a forum more necessary and membership desirable.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks shemozzle999, it was a little while since I last searched for one. Still not solely Dutch though, it's Benelux for The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

Despite all their excellent bike shops, I'm surprised that The Netherlands hasn't had a forum of their own, given the Dutch buy at least ten times our UK number of pedelecs every year.