Introducing the new Woosh Bermuda

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
that's a fashion statement, a bit more than extreme.

It's a solution to a problem found by many new cyclists.

They feel unsafe on a traditional geometry bike because with the saddle set at the correct height, they cannot plonk their feet firmly on the ground.

You see a lot of ladies riding with low saddles for this reason.

It will also help if you have limited mobility and find popping forward off the saddle to stop difficult, and inevitably, find it equally hard to start by pushing on the pedals while astride the bike and then popping up onto the saddle.

Gazelle call the bike Balance for a reason.

Most of us manage fine on a traditional bike, but I would find a Balance easier if I was doing a lot of stopping and starting which might be the case in a city with lots of traffic and junctions.

Hubear

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 11, 2016
London
Hey Trex,

Now that I know I have secure storage at my home's garage and bike room at the office, I am looking to switch to a non-foldable bike, since the only reason I would ever fold my bike is to remove the battery for charging.

Could you please recommend me based on these criterias:

1. Fits my height at 5'4.5"
2. Strongest motor
3. Largest battery capacity
4. Most comfortable (higher handle bars, suspension etc)

Options in both cross bar and stepthrough please.

I am guessing my choices are down to Bigbear and Bigbear LS? Or is the Krieger and Santana 2 also in the running?

Reactions: LeighPing

Hubear

May 11, 2016
London
Gah, thumb throttle! Wish it could be the twist throttle that I currently have. So with a 18A controller and SWX02 motor (vs the BPM), the Sport will also be less powerful than my Zephyr-B...?

hmmm decisions decisions...

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, and a lot cheaper.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that depends very much on the controller. Most of the time, I won't go over 15A with the SWX, so about 40NM. I use 18A with the SWX02 and 20A with the BPM. ebikes.ca gives to the BPM max 65NM with 20A controller (5:1 reduction ratio). Using that base with the reduction ratio 4.4:1 for the SWX at 15A, it's 43NM, 40NM @ 14A. Those torque values are indicative, taken at 0 RPM, so not much use to anyone. To estimate how fast a bike can climb a hill, you should knock 20% off these values, 32NM for the SWX and 50NM for the BPM. The SWX02 gives 10% less than the BPM, so 45NM for the SWX02.

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV

Hubear

May 11, 2016
London
Hey trex, so are there any plans to make a BPM, 20A controller bike, and a large battery capacity (15ah) that fits my size (5'4 - 5'5) in the near future?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there is no plan for that at the moment. The BPM-20A motor is for daddy bears, SWX02-18A for mummy bears and SWX-15A for baby bears.

Reactions: Hubear and VictoryV

Hubear

May 11, 2016
London
there is no plan for that at the moment. The BPM-20A motor is for daddy bears, SWX02-18A for mummy bears and SWX-15A for baby bears.
lol I thought u said the Big Bear LS has a smaller motor/controller! It seems to fit me at 5'4.5 ? Give me some good news.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Big Bear LS is for daddy bears, BPM motor, 20A controller. Saddle goes down quite low. You can ride it no problem. Suits 15st and over.
Much heavier than your zephyr-B though.

Hubear

May 11, 2016
London
Oh so sorry, one more thing. Is there a big difference between a front motor vs my back motor on the Zephyr-B? Will I feel it much? Any other big points I need to know about Big Bear LS vs Zephyr-B?

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Trex a non technical question for you .Why don`t Woosh put their Name on their bikes ? My Brother has a 3 year old black SantAna devoid of markings and we get asked frequently about our machines and no one has heard of Woosh around Barrybados . My Folder shouts Batribike Quartz and seems proud of it ! Aren`t Woosh proud enough to put their Name on their machines ? When out riding occasionally we pass another Ebike and strain our eyes to see what it was by reading the Name/Model . It would seem like good publicity to me if Woosh did the same .

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@RR: the factory that assembles the woosh bikes in brilliant gunmetal (bluey grey) colour is in Shanghai and they are a bit behind the time with painting. The gunmetal paint is excellent in scratch resistance but the small decal with woosh logo on the headtube tends to get scratched quite easily. They can't put on the decal before lacquering the frame. If I put a large decal on the tubes, it'll get scratched. For now, the graphics is less important than the scratch resistance. I am still looking for a solution baring another factory. The Gallego and Karoo are assembled in Tianjin, no such problem.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Oh so sorry, one more thing. Is there a big difference between a front motor vs my back motor on the Zephyr-B? Will I feel it much? Any other big points I need to know about Big Bear LS vs Zephyr-B?
There is much difference in feel. The Big Bear LS can't beat the Zephyr-B but I am not the judge of that.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
If I happened to be 50 years younger I might well be interested. I'm all for affordable reliable eBikes. Sadly I'd need a mounting block to help me clamber on board and I'd probably grumble about the absence of mudguards and a wicker basket! It's good to see a wide range of eBikes available to a wide range of cyclists. Let me know if you're going to produce a folding tandem tadpole trike anytime soon? Fingers crossed ...

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
not for the foreseable future Tom but would you consider buying a tadpole and get it sent to Southend for conversion?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Something like this Tom? Not folding but..

...with a Vélocar style body on it:

velocar_plan.jpg

Reactions: timidtom