Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Shop online. Get the goods dropped at the front door and wipe the individual packages with anti-bacteria solution before bringing them into the house.
Probably just as bad, crates packed by god knows who, cuffing their dribbling noses between skiving off for toilet visits without washing hands. The crates loaded into a van that goes to various other customers who are trying to infect the driver, who in turn comes to me.

No, the choice is simple. Either climb the side of a mountain to live in a cave, growing veg and dying from pneumonia, or just carry on as usual as I'm doing.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Probably just as bad, crates packed by god knows who, cuffing their dribbling noses between skiving off for toilet visits without washing hands. The crates loaded into a van that goes to various other customers who are trying to infect the driver, who in turn comes to me.

No, the choice is simple. Either climb the side of a mountain to live in a cave, growing veg and dying from pneumonia, or just carry on as usual as I'm doing.
I think that if you wipe the packaging as I suggest, you will be adding a protective barrier. One more layer of difficulty for the virus to spread. Not foolproof, but a reduction in probability.

I travelled up from Gatwick to St Pancras on the Thanes Link and then onwards by train from there yesterday. If you use these transport systems regularly, you have no chance. I could already be infected after that journey. Been out walking the dog for two hours this morning and never saw a single person. That’s more like it.

• Informative
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Been out walking the dog for two hours this morning and never saw a single person. That’s more like it.
Agreed, and that's me most of the time, seeing very few or none. I don't use any public transport, only the car or walking alone, so the supermarket a couple of times a week is often the only time I get near to people.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think that if you wipe the packaging as I suggest, you will be adding a protective barrier. One more layer of difficulty for the virus to spread.like it.
Not possible though. I buy loose fruit and veg and some things elsewhere are loose within thin card boxes that are not totally sealed. The current anti-plastic campaigns are exposing far more foods to possible contamination.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Agreed, and that's me most of the time, seeing very few or none. I don't use any public transport, only the car or walking alone, so the supermarket a couple of times a week is the only time I get near to people.
I have a cunning plan, go into the Nearest Conservative Club, or indeed Waitrose or M&S armed with a bundle of copies of "The Big Issue"
All the space you could wish for.

• :D
Reactions: Jimod and flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Agreed, and that's me most of the time, seeing very few or none. I don't use any public transport, only the car or walking alone, so the supermarket a couple of times a week is often the only time I get near to people.
Heaven. I love being on my own, other people annoy me. I make an exception for family:)

Reactions: flecc

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I’ve been in self isolation for four years... it’s called retirement ;-)

• :D
Reactions: flecc and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Heaven. I love being on my own, other people annoy me. I make an exception for family:)
Same for me, except I don't even go that far, keeping my immediate family contact to a minimum and avoiding all other relatives.

Fortunately time reduces their numbers, so I'm down to a sister in the USA I've seen once since 1956, that in 1974; a sister in Bulgaria I haven't seen for three years and a brother in Dorset I saw last year for the first time in eight years.

I'm unashamably a loner and much prefer to be without company nearly all the time. My last headmaster had me right, he scribbled "anti-social" on my final report as he expelled me.

So what, he's dead but I'm still here. :)

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Is there any scientific proof that coronavirus can't be spread by ESP between close family members?

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Same for me, except I don't even go that far, keeping my immediate family contact to a minimum and avoiding all other relatives.

Fortunately time reduces their numbers, so I'm down to a sister in the USA I've seen once since 1956, that in 1974; a sister in Bulgaria I haven't seen for three years and a brother in Dorset I saw last year for the first time in eight years.

I'm unashamably a loner and much prefer to be without company nearly all the time. My last headmaster had me right, he scribbled "anti-social" on my final report as he expelled me.

So what, he's dead but I'm still here. :)
But typical of a certain generation of teachers to stereotype indiscriminately - it should I think be asocial ( which I am quite as well) not antisocial (unless you repeatedly tried to set his car alight)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers