Prices of the electricity we use to charge

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
This is how they are achieving "Net Zero". They're reducing the value of all their companies to zero. (Edit, oops wrong link, blush) :cool:

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

China’s Economy Is in Serious Trouble

OpenAI CEO Altman says at Davos future AI depends on energy breakthrough

• Agree
Reactions: MikelBikel

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they just put a giant 12kw heat pump on a new build up the road 12kw its fkn huge and the house is tiny.

Electricity costs have fluctuated significantly recently. Based on Ofgem figures however, customers on a standard variable tariff are paying around 30p per kWh as of September 2023. This means your heat pump’s running costs could be around £1,200 per year.

thats more than double on the gas we use atm we could not afford to use it esp with no solar panels, that dont work at night :rolleyes:

our bill with a heat pump would be 3180 a year, more than double.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PC2017

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Life is hard for some people. I was in the Co-op the other day. The woman in front of me topped up her pre-payment electricity dongle/card. She mentioned that she had no power at that time. She also bought three scratch cards and some fags. Then I looked at her. She was covered in tattoos, had several piercings and green hair. I wondered how much all those things cost. I was thinking about her all the way home. I felt quite guilty about my own privilege, and was trying to rationalise whether I should have helped her or whether she was beyond help, then I broadened my thoughts to the luck we have in our lives - where you're born, who your parents are, who you meet, etc.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
She was covered in tattoos, had several piercings and green hair.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You wait and you wait and then 3 catch fire at once. Sorry, bad joke. Getting monotonous. (Humour, I wish) :-/
Brilliant. That got me laughing.

I haven't got the links, but i read that at least two bus companies have back-tracked on their use of electric buses. I think there's going to me more.

Reactions: MikelBikel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You wait and you wait and then 3 catch fire at once. Sorry, bad joke. Getting monotonous. (Humour, I wish) :-/
The guy wanted siddique Khan to do something about them fast but are they TfL buses though? If they are, then who bought them?