Prices of the electricity we use to charge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
View attachment 56292
Who wants the real scientific method, when u can have climate "sceance-tists" beavering away with billions of public money to fabricate their "models"?
And even the "observations" were shown by Willie Soon to have been tampered with, oh sorry, "adjusted". :cool:
The problem is that the conspiracy theorists have got it wrong and so have the climate changeists. The actual problem is not that the cow farts and car fumes are heating up the Earth. Instead, it's causing solar warming, i.e. heating up the Sun. That's even worse because not only will Earth boil but all the other planets too.

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
The sun has it, Earth's industry, people, animals, vegetation, oceans, all eclipsed by solar irradiation.
0.04% co2 ain't doing it!

The atmosphere of Mars is mostly co2, so it must be very hot there, yes?
"Average -63°C". Oh, No, so why the low temp?

"Martian weather.. differences were directly related to changes in the solar energy that reached Mars."
Earth getting roughly 1361 W/m2.[34]", whereas Mars is 586 W/m2".
Ah, so 50% further away from the sun and thin atmosphere means colder *regardless* of co2?

But what about Venus? Roughly same mass as earth and empty of life. A co2 and N atmosphere so thick they claim one would have to be 50km up to get even "earthly extremophile" temp and pressure? Could it have something to do with "a hellish landscape of violent volcanoes" venting gasses and heating the surface from *inside*?
Add twice (1.9) the insolation, as closer to the sun, no magnetic field to protect it, and no wonder its cooking, phew.

Next stop Mercury! :cool:

Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The sun has it, Earth's industry, people, animals, vegetation, oceans, all eclipsed by solar irradiation.
0.04% co2 ain't doing it!

The atmosphere of Mars is mostly co2, so it must be very hot there, yes?
"Average -63°C". Oh, No, so why the low temp?

"Martian weather.. differences were directly related to changes in the solar energy that reached Mars."
Earth getting roughly 1361 W/m2.[34]", whereas Mars is 586 W/m2".
Ah, so 50% further away from the sun and thin atmosphere means colder *regardless* of co2?

But what about Venus? Roughly same mass as earth and empty of life. A co2 and N atmosphere so thick they claim one would have to be 50km up to get even "earthly extremophile" temp and pressure? Could it have something to do with "a hellish landscape of violent volcanoes" venting gasses and heating the surface from *inside*?
Add twice (1.9) the insolation, as closer to the sun, no magnetic field to protect it, and no wonder its cooking, phew.

Next stop Mercury! :cool:
earth has gone through a lot of climate changes since its formation but on a scale in millions of years, not in single digit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 20 years. The recent warming up over the last 50-100 years is just too fast for humans to adapt.
the perception of climate change is made worse by politicians trying to reduce a complex system like weather to some indicators like CO2 or global warming or rainfall in order to gain votes. What you should see is the amount of poisonous gases released into the atmosphere by burning cheaply produced fossil fuels. We all have to breathe in those poisons, especially those who live and work in cities while the alternative renewable energy is available.
We should really invest to replace fossil fuels as soon as possible, there is no excuse not to.

• Agree
Reactions: Croxden and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
earth has gone through a lot of climate changes since its formation but on a scale in millions of years, not in single digit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 20 years. The recent warming up over the last 50-100 years is just too fast for humans to adapt.
That, although very true, is really not the problem though. It's a symptom.

The problem is that in less than that 100 years, our 2 billions have quadrupled to over 8 billions. Somewhere far below a population of 2 billions, planet earth could self repair what we do. Even at the best achievable level of minimising the use of fossil fuels, which is far in excess of zero use, I doubt the earth can stand so many of us.

Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
the perception of climate change is made worse by politicians trying to reduce a complex system like weather to some indicators like CO2 or global warming or rainfall in order to gain votes. What you should see is the amount of poisonous gases released into the atmosphere by burning cheaply produced fossil fuels. We all have to breathe in those poisons, especially those who live and work in cities while the alternative renewable energy is available.
We should really invest to replace fossil fuels as soon as possible, there is no excuse not to.
All I can say is that the weather is definitely colder now than it was when I was a kid. I keep hoping that global warming is real, and I'll be able to sunbathe in my retirement, but no luck yet. I'm just going out to my garden to start a bonfire, which is my best hope to bring it on, though nothing happened after all the previous times I did it. I'll make it a bit bigger this time, maybe throw on a couple of my old ebike batteries, see if that does it.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
There is a very good summary of the discovery of global warming on the American Institute of Physics site for any interested. I would heartily recommend it

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Those billions in public funding money added to those of *certain individuals* has gone a long way. Here's a summary of why it's probably wrong.

"Despite the steady increase of CO2 concentration above the 400ppm level, our climate has not changed as projected. If anything, global warming has slowed in the recent decade which confounds climate scientists. It is a case of where the actual data does not follow projected models. It is the reason we had climategate where scientists among themselves were frustrated by the lack of warming and were looking to explain it. Also, in recent years, NOAA has been caught manipulation the raw temperature data to help promote this global warming narrative. The bottom line is we don't know why the earth is behaving this way over millenium. To place the blame on humans exclusively is wishful thinking. The sun with its solar cycle and the natural volcanos activities has more impact on earth climate than humans IMHO. Time will tell who is right. The projections made by Mann's hockey stick theory cannot hold."

Remember when he tried to sue over this, he lost the case coz he would not reveal to the court how he got his figures, now thats "The Sceance", hehe. :cool:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There is a very good summary of the discovery of global warming on the American Institute of Physics site for any interested. I would heartily recommend it

If global warming was caused by CO2 emissions, all our world leaders wouldn't be flying around in private jets, neither would they be buying beach front properties, nor would they all be driving around in gas-guzzlers. Did you not think about that?

Count the solar panels on Obama's house!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
corporations run most off the world and they dont give a crap about it either it is all about total control do as i say not as i do and make shed loads of cash out off it.

war in Ukraine totally pointless proxy war for the usa to make money out off whats green about that bar blowing ppl to bits with missiles that cost 200k a go is fine :D

wait until you all get heat pumps and 5k a year electric bills tax man be happy with that and shut you off at a push of a button, its smart;)

going to get the guys house over the road sorted out and get the fire place going again b4 they ban that and growing food in ur own back garden or concreate it over because its better for the planet to eat worms and shite from corporations that sell us for a profit from half way round the world.:rolleyes:

its all a con job for total control and corporate profit/greed or why is every part of the government registered at dunn and brad street as corporation's courts police council white hall is all registered there go check it ur self.

lets just try and move the hole [planet and turn it in to a star ship :D better be fkn fast or we freeze to death

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
"Despite the steady increase of CO2 concentration above the 400ppm level, our climate has not changed as projected. If anything, global warming has slowed in the recent decade which confounds climate scientists. It is a case of where the actual data does not follow projected models. It is the reason we had climategate where scientists among themselves were frustrated by the lack of warming and were looking to explain it.

CMIP3 Model 3 (Coupled Model Intercomparison Project) -from 2004

CMIP5 - from 2011

CMIP5 - blended land and sea temperature

Also, in recent years, NOAA has been caught manipulation the raw temperature data to help promote this global warming narrative. .
There are many different temperature reconstructions by many different teams and some skeptics all produce the same result. There is massive oversampling in the temperature stations - you really only need 80 stations spaced out across the globe, so you can pick them based on any criteria you like - you will get the same results The Berkeley Earth team produced their own reconstruction specifically to address skeptics concerns - when they produced a reconstruction it showed slightly more warming than the existing reconstructions

The sun with its solar cycle
and the natural volcanos activities has more impact on earth climate than humans

Remember when he tried to sue over this, he lost the case coz he would not reveal to the court how he got his figures, now thats "The Sceance",
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb/09/us-climate-scientist-michael-mann-wins-1m-in-defamation-lawsuit
Usually when someone is awarded $1 million damages in a defamation lawsuit, they would have been said to have won their case ?

I would encourage anyone to follow the link that I posted is it goes through how each building block in global warming has multiple independent lines of evidence confirming it

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
"Some insurance data suggests 25 fires for every 100,000 electric cars, compared 1,529 per 100,000 petrol cars. "
That doesn't hold water. Most of the common causes of car fires should affect each type in equal numbers. As an example, 35.8% of fires are caused by arson, which would mean 500 per 100,000 petrol cars and 8 electric cars. When an arsonist sees an electric car, does he/she decide not to burn it because of the environmental effect?

Those figures are being misrepresented in the same way and by the same people, who misrepresent covid data, climate change, the war in Ukraine, the war in Gaza and more. Those people are Journalists, or what used to be journalists, now propagandists.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It may be more difficult to set fire to an electric car without breaking in.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Who's going to test that? Flecc's car is getting a bit old now.
It's still young, just had its fourth MOT at six years so will almost certainly outlast me. It's battery still shows full capacity and the range little diminished and well in excess of my needs as I get older. And like almost all e-cars it is garage kept on private land where it's chargers are, so could almost never be subject to the arson you mentioned.

For me and over a third of the whole population, an e-car is vastly superior to any ic car in virtually all respects, accounting for why we e-car owners say that we will never change back.

Those an e-car doesn't suit and the dinosaurs who object on principle can continue to burn fossil fuels in new cars for another almost 11 years and then with already-in use ic cars for at least 25 years beyond that. By then in 36 years time those owners will mostly all be dead anyway so I wonder why they are complaining about e-cars which will never need to affect them.

Meanwhile Nissan are now celebrating over a million of their EVs on the roads, models being the Leaf, Ariya, N200 and the exciting new Sakura Mini EV filling a previously empty large niche market. And Tesla with the Model 3 passed the one million mark with a single model for the first time in the EV world.

They are here to stay, almost all unburnt, not even singed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden and Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just was speaking to a guy that knows the ppl that built those 2 houses up the road and it seems the councal demanded they fit heat pumps when it does not come in to law until 2025.

even with the gov hand out it cost them 6k each plus the install in going fkn bonkers lmfao

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
:D ;)
It's still young, just had its fourth MOT at six years so will almost certainly outlast me. It's battery still shows full capacity and the range little diminished and well in excess of my needs as I get older. And like almost all e-cars it is garage kept on private land where it's chargers are, so could almost never be subject to the arson you mentioned.

For me and over a third of the whole population, an e-car is vastly superior to any ic car in virtually all respects, accounting for why we e-car owners say that we will never change back.

Those an e-car doesn't suit and the dinosaurs who object on principle can continue to burn fossil fuels in new cars for another almost 11 years and then with already-in use ic cars for at least 25 years beyond that. By then in 36 years time those owners will mostly all be dead anyway so I wonder why they are complaining about e-cars which will never need to affect them.

Meanwhile Nissan are now celebrating over a million of their EVs on the roads, models being the Leaf, Ariya, N200 and the exciting new Sakura Mini EV filling a previously empty large niche market. And Tesla with the Model 3 passed the one million mark with a single model for the first time in the EV world.

They are here to stay, almost all unburnt, not even singed.
u live in London get a quote for a ram rover petrol or electric id sit down if i was you