West Sx RH
Imho there are two useful bits of info the lcd3 shows :
1. Watts power usage .
2. Battery voltage reading.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
This is why I own the LCD3, I want to see the instantaneous wattage, the ambient temperature, my miles travelled and the speed. It also calls up the voltage, max and average speed.

You can buy the LCD1 which only shows the speed, but then you lose ability to l lower the current settings I wrote about earlier,

For example, I have two bikes that are similar, but mine would deliver 140W in its lowest assist level while my wife's would do 100W, That meant I was always slowing down and waiting for her. Lowering my current allowed me to match her speed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Lowering your current I don't quite understand that is that possible in the settings
One can reduce current draw by up to 50% via C5 setting with new firmware lcd's or 5a with older firmware lcd's.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I have a problem battery still showing full ,have set back to factory reset on LCD 3 but still showing full.
Any idea please
What do you think it should be showing? isn't the battery fully charged?
have you got a meter reading that indicates otherwise?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have a problem battery still showing full ,have set back to factory reset on LCD 3 but still showing full.
Any idea please
It takes a fair while to lose the first segment if you have a high capacity battery. The only way it keeps showing full when the battery is empty is when you have the wrong voltage set in the LCD, like 36v instead of 48v.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
How far for two days, and how much assist? As saneagle says, the first segment tends to last a long time; don't assume the dropoff after that will be equally slow.

Also, look at it when you are climbing a steep hill under heavy assist. The voltage sag will show a drop on the bars well before it shows with regular riding.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
Hi well I two days I guess around 25km also tonight another 8km and the battery indicator still registers full no drop off ,but if I I check the battery by pushing the indicator on the battery it shows me red then one green .so something is not normal.
I'm going to switch battery to 36v 21ah battery and check if if I have the same problem.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Hi well I two days I guess around 25km also tonight another 8km and the battery indicator still registers full no drop off ,but if I I check the battery by pushing the indicator on the battery it shows me red then one green .so something is not normal.
I'm going to switch battery to 36v 21ah battery and check if if I have the same problem.
You are switching back and forward between a 36v and a 48v battery so I think perhaps your controller (or LCD?) gets confused.!!!

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Also, look at it when you are climbing a steep hill under heavy assist. The voltage sag will show a drop on the bars well before it shows with regular riding.
Not if P5 is set correctly or too high. It dampens the response of the display to prevent that.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ok thanks I was thinking my battery was broken ,but I was thinking it's only 9 months old ,so thanks was just panicking a little
There is another reason it happens. setting parameter P5 slows down the changing of the battery display. the higher you set the number, the slower it changes. If you're swapping between 48v and 36v batteries, the setting will not be ideal for at least one of them. It should be around 10 for 36v and 13 for 48v. It's not a critical setting, and it has no effect on the running of the bike. All it does is stop the battery display in the LCD jumping up and down as you use more and less power. If you set P5 too high, the battery display takes ages to change, so that after you've charged your battery from flat, the display still shows empty for some distance/time before it can display full.

Reactions: joelectric