M62 horror crash between electric bike and lorry shuts road for nine hours

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Crash into an e-bike without lights at 1.17am on an unlit motorway.

Not much of an investigation needed.

Reactions: Artstu

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I really would like to know why was he there and what was he thinking...
Most likely failing to think at all about what he was doing.

A hospital blood test will reveal if alcohol or drugs were involved.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
When I resumed cycling in 2019, having ceased in the late 1980s, I used Sygic for navigation because maps were offline, therefore no internet connection was needed for operation. It was brilliant for driving...

...but it kept trying to kill me using motorways. I gave up and now use online Google Maps, which does have a cycling mode.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I really would like to know why was he there and what was he thinking...
I would really like to know how it takes 8 hours to re-open a motorway. It's an hour maybe two at best...

Call an Ambulance or two
Take some photos for evidence
Chuck the bike in the back of a highway patrol for examination later
Tow off the HGV
Sweep off the road

Job done... the CCTV can be checked later.

Reactions: Artstu

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I would really like to know how it takes 8 hours to re-open a motorway. It's an hour maybe two at best...

Call an Ambulance or two
Well, these days the 'call an ambulance or two' is already likely to take you past the 8 hours.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016

Call an Ambulance or two
Take some photos for evidence
Chuck the bike in the back of a highway patrol for examination later
Tow off the HGV
Sweep off the road

Job done... the CCTV can be checked later.
I've noticed this fact: When the police have been given powers, they use them. It happens because they are allowed to inconvenience tens of thousands of citizens, so they do.

Power to inconvenience citizens is far too easily handed out by the law and is supported by the courts. Some citizens are much more important it seems than others. Just look at the way this thing called 'The right to Protest' has morphed into the right to deprive all other citizens of the right to go about their lawful business. 'Just Stop Oil' and their metastasising sub groups, such as Extinction Rebellion, and 'Insulate Britain', seem pretty much to have the entitlement to create mayhem wherever they like - especially on roads. Unsurprisingly, they are ALL the invention of a handful of fanatics led by Roger Hallam and Aileen Getty.