£299 conversion - info c/o ebiketips

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Someone will come up with a friction drive for the disc rotor next.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
How much for just the motor? It would make a nice vélomobile reverse gear... :cool:

Reactions: wheeliepete

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It would make a nice vélomobile reverse gear... :cool:
I bet that's got you thinking now, or is it sometime you have thought of before. Sounds like a great idea and I bet you've wished you had one a few times. Don't forget the annoying reversing blurping(had to think of the right word to describe it) sound.:D

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
20K Kickstarter started today for this UK designed and (UK manufactured I assume), £1150 raised so far.
System is 24v, 2kg total weight for 100wh kit or 2.5kg total weight for 209wh kit and stated as an all weather system.
From the description motor can be engaged/did-engaged during use by a half pedal back, a sensor is positioned adjacent.to the cassette to sense movement.

Page/site link.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/revolutionworks/revos-transform-your-bike-into-an-ebike?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=revos

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No contact information... Can't tell them I just want a motor...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Oh well... When you get a trike reversing becomes a thing :D A small cheap motor that can be engaged or disengaged from the tyre seems to be the best solution and as one already has a battery I don't need that... DIY solution ahead I guess.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There is an email you can try.
hello@revolutionworks.com.
Mark Palmer is the contact also the designer/director along with his dad.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
209wh battery is 7s 3p using PF cells.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Revos have made a video of it going up a 10% hill in the wet.
Also see the kick starter goal has been reached.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Paultr

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2015
The price seems to have escalated fairly dramatically now the early bird slots have gone.

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
The price seems to have escalated fairly dramatically now the early bird slots have gone.
Even for £299 it seems a bit pricey for what it is to me, isn't it? A 4 amp hour battery :/ I've never tried a direct drive before, maybe they're better than I imagine.

I understand that some fitter people may just want a short burst of help on hills and headwinds using their current bike though. Still,

Since on the website now the 100wh is £400 and the 209wh £500,I'd still recommend putting a little more effort in to sort out a hub or crank kit myself and get a lot more power and range for the money

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's kickstarters for you initials enticement is to offer introductory discount on the item in the hope to raise a target goal then after you pay the full price.

The friction drive in this case is for occasional power boost when needed and not to make a permanent ebike.
Esp ideal for light weight bike or for local riding with hills.
The half pedal back to engage or dis-engage is a nice idea instead of a cable lever to move the drive into position.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh