16kmh max speed from 1000w motor!

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Can anyone help? 16kmh max speed from 1000w motor! I have a Hailong-3 48V 11.6Ah connected to a KT-lcd3 display and 1000w motor not pas, no controller, throttle only. Using the menus I am unable to change the max speed from 16kmh. Is there a way to overcome this?

John Mumby

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 2, 2018
Sounds like you are in the default 25kph setting.You should be able to change this if you follow the instructions in the manual?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will have a controller somewhere other wise the motor wouldn't work, hub has 3 phase and the hub wiring will be wired via connectors to a controller box somewhere. Follow both the battery wiring and the hub motor cable and both will lead to the controller.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Can anyone help? 16kmh max speed from 1000w motor! I have a Hailong-3 48V 11.6Ah connected to a KT-lcd3 display and 1000w motor not pas, no controller, throttle only. Using the menus I am unable to change the max speed from 16kmh. Is there a way to overcome this?
From the manual:

○ Maximum Trip Speed
Under power off status, hold 5 seconds after boot-up, hold button long (SW), the meter is turned on. Within button (UP) and button (DOWN) simultaneously for about 2 seconds, the first is to enter the maximum riding speed setting
interface, then the speed display column flashes. Hold button shortly (UP) or
button (DOWN) in order to set the maximum riding speed value. The default maximum riding speed value was 25Km/h. When the speed of the electric vehicle exceeds the set value, the motor will be stopped driving.
Setting interface of maximum trip speed Under the setting maximum riding speed interface, if there’s no button operation on the meter for more than 1 minute, and then the meter will automatically return to display 1, and the original set values will be saved.

If that doesn't work then top speed is hard coded by the manufacturer and you won't be able to change it. That can probably be solved by changing the controller and the LCD.