1kw D/D hub issues

FootSponge

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 28, 2018
Hi, I’m a newbie to Pedelecs and to ebikes in general, so excuse the stupid questions. I’m building an electric drift bike (picture attached) with my kids, just for fun. We’ve bought a 1000w 48v hub motor kit. It’s from DongDian ebike kits (via eBay), but I’m struggling to get it to work. The instructions are pretty poor. Any suggestions on how I progress? Or anyone have a wiring diagram? All help would be welcomed!!! Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
We will need more details to know what you mean by "I’m struggling to get it to work".

FootSponge

Dec 28, 2018
I’m not too sure how to debug the problem. I’ve plugged in the battery and know it’s suppling 50v. However the LCD speed and battery display doesn’t come on. So struggling on what to test next. Any suggestions?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
All connections is the place to start. You do have a multimeter I presume?

FootSponge

Dec 28, 2018
All connections is the place to start. You do have a multimeter I presume?
I do have a multimeter. But it’s difficult to see what I’m looking for without a wiring diagram. I’ll try and see if there is current coming out the other side of the speed controller.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
If the display is not turning on, then this suggests a bad battery/controller connection. You should have full battery voltage at the LCD connector, so try looking for this first. Be careful not to short any pins together, as this can blow the controller.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have you confirmed battery output voltage with multimeter as Wheelipete has said if lcd not switching then either voltage not getting through or something is wired incorrectly.

An actual link to the kit ?

Last edited: