• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
D

Deleted member 4366

Has someone hacked your account d8veh? Surprised that you are promoting these bikes (at any price) considering your previous comments in various related threads
I have personal preferences. I sometimes say what they are, but I try not to let them influence my advice to others. For some people, buying an ebike from Halfords makes a lot of sense, especially when they offer discounts.

I don't ever remember saying anything bad about Halfords. We all know that they cut out at times (Vulcan and Crossfire), which some people are happy to live with, and that the pedal sensor is vulnerable to dirt and water, but the bikes come with a guarantee, and it shouldn't be a big problem to return one to local Halfords to get it fixed.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one because I like to fix things myself and I'd be locked out of the Suntour software without the right equipment. I'd recommend both bikes very highly if they used a conventional pedal sensor and used the Bafang system, like on the Vengeance, which is cheaper.