201 miles on a Haibike xduro rc 29

Richy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Watford

At first I thought "what have I bought" but now I truly love the bike and am hooked on electric power for bikes. Turns me into like a mountain goat :)

Not much to tell as nothing has gone wrong with the bike apart from a few error messages on the display. I love the crank drive, you can hardly hear it and I only use it in the lower settings so the battery lasts ages. No problem with hills. Haven't had any issues with needing more gears with one cog on the front derailleur.

Been riding all around London and Hertfordshire. Held up a lot by buses. I particularly like overtaking racing bikes :) I'm used to the 15 mph cut off now and 20mph through the slippery forests is quick enough for these tyres. I'd probably be at the bottom of canal here if I was going any faster.

I think when people realise the high intensity exercise potential of pedelecs they will take off big time. I can ride this every day and not have to worry about cortisol issues.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Is that 201 miles and one bar drop on the battery? easily done when it's turned off as in the display.

Richy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Watford
No I've charged the battery 4 times. I turn the assistance off coming down my road and into my garage as its downhill. That one bar did approximately 20 miles, mostly flat in eco.