2013 Bosch Motored E-bikes

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
The local end tends to be at a lower price point, the risk is lower. We started the same way, if someone rides a cheaper bike and then a more expensive one you can tell the difference. So it is often nice to combine both otherwise they say why would I pay x you can get one for £600 but they only notice the difference by riding both bikes. As time goes by I would expect to see more shops selling high end bikes. It takes distributers and dealers to work together to sell the benefits of bikes, one of the best ways is through events we attend a lot of events as do many other dealers. There are also shows where distributers like KTM, Haibike, AVE Wisper, Kudos will be attending.
Why don't you take some photographs and a bit of decent video with soundtracks in English. That way you have a better chance of capturing the imagination of potential customers and let's face it, your buyers are more emotional than intellectual! :rolleyes:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Why don't you take some photographs and a bit of decent video with soundtracks in English. That way you have a better chance of capturing the imagination of potential customers and let's face it, your buyers are more emotional than intellectual! :rolleyes:
Nice idea we recently got head cam which I will be testing out and in the process of adding some footage when we update website. So it is in hand but will just take a bit of time :D

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
@electrifyingcycles its the macina race 26/29 that i am most interested in..lol not sure if id prefer the 26inch version or 29inch wheel. the cross400 you have in stock is probably the closest. how long would it take to order the macina race in and im sure it would be the same as your cross400 in this respect if its the case, i presume its got the new bosch display setup with seperate thumb device.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
@electrifyingcycles its the macina race 26/29 that i am most interested in..lol not sure if id prefer the 26inch version or 29inch wheel. the cross400 you have in stock is probably the closest. how long would it take to order the macina race in and im sure it would be the same as your cross400 in this respect if its the case, i presume its got the new bosch display setup with seperate thumb device.
Hi
All our models from KTM are 2013 versions so include seperate thumb device. The KTM Race 29 is could be with us in week 16 for size 43, 48 or 53 (w/c 15 April) Macina Race 26 is available from March 25 in frame size 53 or week 16 for size 43 or 48. How tall are you? In terms of differences between the versions 29ers are comfortable but smaller wheeler bikes climb hills better. Therefore if I wanted speed I would go with the 26. I was impressed with our AVE SH-9 which literally flies compared to most of the other AVE's and the KTM is even lighter.

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Hi
All our models from KTM are 2013 versions so include seperate thumb device. The KTM Race 29 is could be with us in week 16 for size 43, 48 or 53 (w/c 15 April) Macina Race 26 is available from March 25 in frame size 53 or week 16 for size 43 or 48. How tall are you? In terms of differences between the versions 29ers are comfortable but smaller wheeler bikes climb hills better. Therefore if I wanted speed I would go with the 26. I was impressed with our AVE SH-9 which literally flies compared to most of the other AVE's and the KTM is even lighter.
Thats great info thanks. Not that long a wait. My height is 5'11. Unfortunately i dont have a tape measure at hand but my trouser inside leg is 29 inches so what add a few inches on that down to the floor-just thought id mention that to say my legs arent on the long side.
As regards the 26 or 29...lol decisions, decisions. Not too fussed. Would love to say yes i want the bike for speed or for comfort but unfortunately it will be multipurpose (shops, going camping-occassional journey between cities)..i am hoping to hook a burley travoy bicycle trailer up to it for the shops and camping if that could help be a decider in wheel size. End of the day i am being realistc in that its the same model..whilst there will be a little difference im sure in ride, i doubt it would be that significant or am i wrong? I do plan on it being suitable for cycle tracks. Thanks for help so far.
I think the 48 looks the best size for me with 26inch wheel. Just out of interest though, why is there such a delay on the bikes? Cant they produce them quick enough? Sign of a good bike i suppose if thats the case.
http://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-tools/frame-sizer/mountain-bike/. <-the size guide i used.

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I am the same height give or take. KTM size guide would suggest either 48 or 53 for your height but 48 should suit you better re your leg length comment.

The reason for the delay, which I asked KTM about before signing up was because UK market is fairly new to KTM which means Austrian and some other dealers snapped up some bikes first. Also due to volume of sales in some countries Germany etc. In addition having a large range has its advantages but it does make it harder to guage what stock is required. We will stock a range of KTM bikes, using the early part of the year to judge best sellors. Previously most people have wanted bikes with rack and lights included.

From 11 March - 24 March we will be on annual leave. (Only ever close during January/March as it tends to be quieter). We have an emergency number in case of any problems. Also enables us to go skiing ;)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

DW

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Sounds good, so i am definitely interested in the KTM MACINA RACE 26 with 48 frame. Will you be getting it in anyway.
Also its the Bosch Motor ,400 battery and display with seperate finger operation which really interests me and as you have it on the Cross, any chance you can post a few piccys to whet my appetite. I haven't yet seen one actually on an e-bike and well its not as if i can just pop over with you being in Cromer.
Best Regards
HSM about the KTM (jk about me using the initials normally)

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Please see link to KTM pictures below. I have copies of photos for all electric bikes. I will take some proper pictures tomorrow. Yes looking to get in Macina Race anyway.
macina_cross_whitematt_bl_re_blu.jpg

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
That would be brilliant. Thanks, its appreciated. Not seen one fitted yet on a UK sold e-bike let alone a KTM e-bike like the Cross which well its a mtb so other than the colour i can pretend its a Macina Race.

Sorry, also did you say if you would be getting the Macina Race 26 with 48 frame in anyway at the date you said it was available from?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Yes we will order one in, if only so I can have the enjoyment of test riding it. On any Bosch powered bike we are so confident that you will be happy that we will collect free of charge if you decide you are not happy (within 7 days).

andy slow coach

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Also its the Bosch Motor ,400 battery and display with seperate finger operation which really interests me and as you have it on the Cross, any chance you can post a few piccys to whet my appetite. I haven't yet seen one actually on an e-bike and well its not as if i can just pop over with you being in Cromer.
How this Hanslowmo.....

image.jpg

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
You stole my thunder :D
By the way have you still got your plastic cover on your screen? Perhaps its just the picture?

andy slow coach

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Yes I have, think it might keep I nice longer, although when I bought my phone I ended taking it back to the shop to complain that the sound was not very good. They said have you removed the cover? Took it off and it worked a lot better! Lol

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
How this Hanslowmo.....

View attachment 5203
very very nice. that is the first that ive seen mounted on a proper bike (i think)- theres a vid on youtube with it on demo handlebars being shown off by bosch at what i presume is an ebike show which was the closest that ive seen before this :)
vmt for that andy.
hopefully electrifying can provide some thunder with piccys of the ktm cross with it mounted shown from different angles so i can see if it looks carbunklish or if it seems tight together on the handlebars,etc
hehe, i got a happy smile on my face finally seeing the thing. once again ,thanks andy

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
How this Hanslowmo.....

View attachment 5203
Andy.. Half battery already! You've managed to do a few miles then since yesterday ;)

Hanslowmo..

Heres an angled one so you can see how it mounts to the bars..
(Sorry for the shoddy pic, just took it on my phone quickly!)

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

Really impressive back lit display on the 2013 Bosch stuff!..

Regards
Martin

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
cheers Martin, thanks for taking the time out to do it :) ,its appreciated. yes i do quite like the look of the system. dont think it will be that bad having only 4 as opposed to 12 modes

Velospeed

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2009
West Berks
Hi Hanslowmo

cheers Martin, thanks for taking the time out to do it :) ,its appreciated. yes i do quite like the look of the system. dont think it will be that bad having only 4 as opposed to 12 modes
The Moustache 2013 range all have the new Bosch electronics,you can have a look at them on our website if you're interested - especially the MTB versions:

moustache electric bikes

Cheers,
John

andy slow coach

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Really impressive back lit display on the 2013 Bosch stuff!..
I can agree with that Martin, ride home last night in the dark was very good. Nice to be able to glance down and see all the info without having to press a button to light up the display, and the remote is ace, switching from eco through to turbo is so easy! also the 'i' button to scroll through the display info, all without removing your hands off the handlebars.:)

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
DSCF0563v.jpg

As everyone has done an excellent job of the bike display I attach an image of our Macina Cross ;)

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Oh go on.. I dare you to put a photo of the dual Hs on also? ;)