2017 Orbea Keram 20 LR - Best Value Bosch emtb?

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
I have a Orbea Keram 50, a 2016 version with the Shimano E6000 motor, I paid €1800 for it and have had no problems with it, have just covered 4000km with it no problems apart from the usual consumables, I use it for mainly off road use, on steep rough fire trails and gravel tracks it gets a good work out.

D

Deleted member 4366

I no problems apart from the usual consumables,
Consumables? Can you quantify please? Some people would say that motors, wheels, chain-rings and derailleurs are consumables, the rate at which they go through them!

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Consumables? Can you quantify please? Some people would say that motors, wheels, chain-rings and derailleurs are consumables, the rate at which they go through them!
All I have changed is 1 set of tyres, 1 set of brake pads, and 1 chain.

No motors as it not a Bosch!!!

Reactions: Tom Rae

Silverfox.Mike

Just Joined
Apr 4, 2018
Hampshire
@Trevormonty Very useful points - the bike I hired was a 2017 Orbea Keram, Steps equipped bike. I wonder why Orbea would switch to the Bosch ActiveLine system if the Shimano Steps is much better as you suggest. Charge time is a consideration.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The websites I looked at showed 2017 as generation2 bosch activeline, was most likely 2016 model.

The 2018 has latest gen3 activeline which has normal size chainring so direct drive also meant to be very quiet. There are two gen3 motors active 40nm and active plus 50nm. Website says Active, would be surprised if it was 40nm on this bike. Might pay to do some research and test ride.

I've not test ridden 50nm plus but suspect it is comparable Steps, would need to be as that is main competition. Bosch or Shimano you really can't go wrong both excellent drive systems.

@Trevormonty Very useful points - the bike I hired was a 2017 Orbea Keram, Steps equipped bike. I wonder why Orbea would switch to the Bosch ActiveLine system if the Shimano Steps is much better as you suggest. Charge time is a consideration.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers